• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

a7s3 update

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
well i'm unable to locate the 'supplied' usb cable from y a7s3. and after trying 10+ usb a to usb c cables and 2 usbc to usbc cables. and every single port on my desktop. usb2 or 3. i give up. i'll just stay on version 1.01 forever it seems. THANKS FOR MAKING THIS EASY SONY

p.s. really fun that in mass storage mode each time I connect the camera I see the folder open on my PC 'AS IF IT'S WORKING?!'

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Just a thought... some USB cables don't fully follow spec, i.e. they don't connect all the pins. In most cases it does not matter, but it might for the camera. I do not know, but it could be it. But 10+ cables is a lot. I have read of people having bad luck with any 3rd-party cable, but I have not had this issue myself. So 3rd-party cables can work on at least the A7ii and A7Riii and a few APS-C bodies. No consolation, I know.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
I ran into this updating my A7II's firmware. I had to find my original Sony USB cable in order to recognize. >:-( Maybe try the ones that came with your older Sony's?

Latest threads

Top Bottom