A7RIII

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
I always aim for the lowest shutter and aperture I can get away with, just as a matter of principle. I mean, sure, the noise is actually pretty good even at 6,400, but I want my colors to be amazing as far as I can keep them. It also helps a ton in post with what you can tinker with. High ISO performance for me is just peace of mind.

The nice thing is it ended my fast lens obsession. With APS-C in the NEX generation of sensors, I was googling every f/1.2 lens under the sun and even thinking about f/0.95 lenses. Now, I'm happy with an f/1.8-2.0 FF aperture to do everything I want a lens to be able to do.

Kiwi Paul

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
I always aim for the lowest shutter and aperture I can get away with, just as a matter of principle. I mean, sure, the noise is actually pretty good even at 6,400, but I want my colors to be amazing as far as I can keep them. It also helps a ton in post with what you can tinker with. High ISO performance for me is just peace of mind.

The nice thing is it ended my fast lens obsession. With APS-C in the NEX generation of sensors, I was googling every f/1.2 lens under the sun and even thinking about f/0.95 lenses. Now, I'm happy with an f/1.8-2.0 FF aperture to do everything I want a lens to be able to do.
I'm happy using f4 lenses, keeps the size, weight and cost down.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Hmmm..... file size. What's a Terabyte times a Terabyte?

I'm researching some new alternative computer platforms to handle those files. The biggest problem I'm running into is the Workers Compensation policies between Florida and Ohio. Well, that and hiring 2 assistants willing to split residences.

View attachment 93515
That's because you insist on sticking with that Apple iMainframePro nonsense! :D

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
Full image with a 100% crop insert... All I had with me was the 24-70
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Drd1135

TalkEmount Rookie
Real Name
Steve
I’m resuurecting this thread since I’m trying to make the A7R2 vs A7R3 vs A73 decision. Now the prices are much closer, $1800 vs $2500 vs $2000 USD. A year later, is the R3 worth $500 more than the 3? I think I can handle the files and I have a 24 MP Fuji system for more casual shooting. How has shooting with the R3 stood up over the last year?

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
If money is no issue, go A7R3. If it is an issue and cropping/enlarging/resolution matter a lot to you, go A7R2. Neither of the above? Then A73.

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
Ebay is fine as long as you pay attention. Make sure the product photos are of the actual item, check their ratings/reviews. If it seems way too good to be true it probably is a scam.

I've also bought and sold some things through ebay without problems. And they usually side with a buyer if there is a dispute and you can back up a claim.

Drd1135

TalkEmount Rookie
Real Name
Steve
Actually, Adorama and B&H had a bunch of used A7Rm3. I should have expected that with the release of the A7Rm4. It’s not easy for a hard working 42 MP body to find work these days.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom