1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A7rII memory question

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by adwb, Oct 18, 2015.

1. adwb

adwb TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol UK
    Alistair
    I am trying to understand what get saved in the the memory settings? It appears there are two main ones with then sub save options as well? Has anyone any idea what is saved by default?
    I Am, for example, trying to save a setting for studio work so manual, no prefocus light, no live view and so on but that seems to be impossible . The memory saves seem not to be full camera settings just very limited ones or am I missing something?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. adwb

adwb TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol UK
    Alistair
    you cannot memorise all the settings that you would use for example studio work where the live view and preview wants to be off, all that get remembered are the basic parameters that are shown on the memory screen, and worse still the sub memories are stored on the sd card not the camera , take the sd card out and the sub menu display nothing stored and if you change cards you loose the submenus you have stored, realy not thought out very well by Sony hopefully an upgrade at some point might fix it.

edit
    it turn out the only thing that get saved are items under the first(camera) settings in the menu, nothing under the gear wheel is saved, very poorly thought out I think.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3