A7Rii Firmware Update

starmite

TalkEmount Regular
Of course I'm probably the last to know about this, but I learned today that firmware release v4.01 is available for the A7Rii. It was released back on May 15th.

According to Sony, the firmware offers the following for the A7Rii:
  • Added Auto Pwr OFF Temp. function
    NOTE: If the same part of your skin touches the camera for a long period of time while using the camera, even if the camera does not feel hot to the touch, it may cause symptoms of a low-temperature burn such as redness or blistering. Pay special attention in the following situations and take the necessary precautions, for example, use a tripod.
    • When using the camera in a high-temperature environment
    • When someone with poor circulation or impaired skin sensation uses the camera
    • When using the camera with the Auto Pwr OFF Temp. function set to High
  • Improved operability of the camera:
    1. Improved operability when AF area is set to flexible spot
      Added Live View Display into custom button assignation
    2. Added Set File Name function
  • Supports visible light LED in external flash for AF (HVL-F45RM)
  • Improved release time lag when wireless flash is used
  • Optimized exposure algorithm during focusing when Live View Display has Setting Effect OFF
  • Improved image quality when Long Exposure NR setting is OFF
  • Improved overall stability of the camera
  • Support for Radio-controlled Lighting System
  • Improves stability of the camera while shooting still images by regulating the internal temperature
  • Overall stability and operability of the camera is improved.
So I did the download, used my AC-PW20 to power my camera for the install, and then did the firmware update. I haven't had a chance to check out any of the purported benefits yet, but I can report that the firmware update installs without issue. Always good to know the firmware is the latest and greatest - my assumption is Sony wouldn't release a firmware update unless there was a good reason to do so.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom