1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A7Rii Firmware Update

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by starmite, Jun 14, 2019.

1. starmite

starmite TalkEmount Regular Subscribing Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Of course I'm probably the last to know about this, but I learned today that firmware release v4.01 is available for the A7Rii. It was released back on May 15th.

According to Sony, the firmware offers the following for the A7Rii:
    • Added Auto Pwr OFF Temp. function
      NOTE: If the same part of your skin touches the camera for a long period of time while using the camera, even if the camera does not feel hot to the touch, it may cause symptoms of a low-temperature burn such as redness or blistering. Pay special attention in the following situations and take the necessary precautions, for example, use a tripod.
      • When using the camera in a high-temperature environment
      • When someone with poor circulation or impaired skin sensation uses the camera
      • When using the camera with the Auto Pwr OFF Temp. function set to High
    • Improved operability of the camera:
      1. Improved operability when AF area is set to flexible spot
        Added Live View Display into custom button assignation
      2. Added Set File Name function
    • Supports visible light LED in external flash for AF (HVL-F45RM)
    • Improved release time lag when wireless flash is used
    • Optimized exposure algorithm during focusing when Live View Display has Setting Effect OFF
    • Improved image quality when Long Exposure NR setting is OFF
    • Improved overall stability of the camera
    • Support for Radio-controlled Lighting System
    • Improves stability of the camera while shooting still images by regulating the internal temperature
    • Overall stability and operability of the camera is improved.
    So I did the download, used my AC-PW20 to power my camera for the install, and then did the firmware update. I haven't had a chance to check out any of the purported benefits yet, but I can report that the firmware update installs without issue. Always good to know the firmware is the latest and greatest - my assumption is Sony wouldn't release a firmware update unless there was a good reason to do so.

• Informative Informative x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.