1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A7r for a good price. Yes or no?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by thedragon700, Jul 3, 2014.

1. thedragon700

thedragon700 New to TalkEmount

Jun 9, 2014
    So I have a chance to buy a used a7r with about 50 clicks on it for $1700 Canadian. I already own an Nex6 and a d600. What's everyone's take on this camera for landscape photos?

2. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    Wow. Helluva deal. I'd jump on it if I had the bones.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LightCentric

LightCentric TalkEmount Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    Saginaw, MI
    Andy Richards
    I dunno. What kind of Nikon glass do you have?

4. thedragon700

Jun 9, 2014
    Lots.. Some old some new.. and I plan on buying more legacy glass

Sent from my SGH-I337M using TalkEmount mobile app

5. sonicbuffalo

sonicbuffalo TalkEmount Regular

Aug 7, 2014
    North Carolina
    Chris
    I know a guy who is an expert photographer who shoots Nikon. He has a D800, which is a 36 mp Nikon. He also has a D7100 and a D600. He said since he bought the D7100, he rarely shoots with the D800. He said file size is huge, and he overall says the image quality is great on the D7100. The D7100 has no anti aliasing filter too, but the D800 does. He just says the file sizes when working with RAW are too large unless you plan on printing gigantic pictures. I would think the A7 is more to being the everyday camera. Just my thoughts from what I hear. That's one of the main reasons I didn't buy the A7r, even though I could have bought it for a great price.

But, that being said....you'd be getting a great deal. Go for it, I would!

• Like Like x 1
  6. thedragon700

Jun 9, 2014
    I have a d600 which is my go to camera for portraits. I got the a7r at a great deal after and I love it.. memory is not very expensive and I have no idea why people bitch about file size.. I can understand not wanting 36 mp for portraits but I do alot of landscape so my A7r is pretty much strapped to my hand all the time . So glad I bought it...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using TalkEmount mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dan Euritt

Dan Euritt TalkEmount Regular

Jan 11, 2014
    try vertical stitching with the a7r, you'll be impressed!

• Like Like x 1