• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

A7IV

Brownie

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Tim
https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/

Chips. Crap.

Source 1:

Reviewers just received the A7IV for testing in the field. Release date is more than likely September/October.
30MP sensor is correct.
Source 2:

Hi, I was told that the finalisation of the A7IV got postponed again due to current chip prices. As a result it’s expected the A7IV won’t be released in 2021. Some niche versions / variations of current camera models could be released instead in 2021.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Or it could be stuck in a container...on a ship....out in the harbor....waiting to be unloaded.

DSC06664.JPG
ILCE-7M2    FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    70mm    f/11.0    1/200s    ISO 100

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
You're on a roll, AlwaysOnAuto, lol. :roflmao:

Brownie, the A7IV has been rumored to come out this summer/fall for a long time and that is about right for Sony's typical release dates. I don't think they want to miss the holiday season and they have competition. My guess is they would adjust the price before they would not release it. Still, nothing at all official I am aware of so who knows for sure.

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Top Veteran
They don't tip over because they put all the heavy containers in the bottom. The containers above deck only have potato chips in them.

Well, physics certainly can explain it, and I was going to mention some stuff about ballast, but you are way ahead of me. The real marine mystery is cruise liners.

Brownie

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Tim
You're on a roll, AlwaysOnAuto, lol. :roflmao:

Brownie, the A7IV has been rumored to come out this summer/fall for a long time and that is about right for Sony's typical release dates. I don't think they want to miss the holiday season and they have competition. My guess is they would adjust the price before they would not release it. Still, nothing at all official I am aware of so who knows for sure.
The chip issue will drive this, no matter what Sony wants. There are huge automotive manufacturers shutting down plants because of it. If they can get the chips it will be released. This is affecting Olympus as well, and probably all the rest but these are the only two I've heard about.

Latest threads

Top Bottom