1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A7ii too good to be true?

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by unlo, Apr 2, 2015.

1. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Seems a little fishy to me IMO...especially the Notice part: "Because of buyer's tax we don't accept item return".

But that's an amazing price if its for real!!!

3. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    yea i saw that notice as well. was hoping to lean on ebays buyer protection if it's not exactly as described. and the describe a brand new unused a7ii

4. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    Ever hear of the old adage "If it seems to good to be true, it probably isn't."

5. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    Try Amazon, Cardinal Cam is selling for $1449, incl FREE CASE --FREE TWO 16GB CARDS and FREE CARD READER Only out of box once - like new still has 1 year USA SONY WARRANTY
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...27997955&sr=8-1&keywords=a7+ii&condition=used

You could have bought from Canada brand new for $1340 a week ago or so but I don't know the warranty... I bought a used like new condition one for $1300 (shutter count was 800 or so). So as usual Sony prices are going down esp with cheaper prices from Canada with stronger US exch rate...

It should not be a problem to return with Amazon also but I doubt it has any problems. Sometimes they cannot reduce prices so they list it like this...

• Like Like x 2
  6. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    man where is that Canada price today?!

7. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    You have to call them. They may not be advertising online. I guess they had a camera exchange discount, but they set up without you sending a camera. I don't know if they still have a it or not, but you can check Camera Canada. You can call them at 877-764-5399.

8. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    I went the Cardinal Camera route. Figured if there was anything i didn't like it would be easier to return. Thx for the advice guys.

9. rdfisch

rdfisch TalkEmount Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Rick
    Generally USA to USA eBay transactions are covered by either or both eBay or PayPal and they have a great (for buyers) reputation of "the seller is always wrong" (obviously not their words, but de facto in practice). eBay/PayPal have several different different policies for returns (and you have to make sure to initiate the one best for the circumstances, only one allowed). Some REQUIRE that both buyer and seller are in the USA. There are other "outs" and in my opinion, there are too many things to go wrong with the process for international transactions to count on it going your way.

I'm not as clear about duty. I've only bought inexpensive items from out of the country and it has all slipped thru customs without a peep, but I would think obviously brand new high ticket items might get snagged and held until duty was paid (including items from Canada). Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  10. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    Arrives tmr excited...

• Like Like x 1
  11. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    So i doubt i'll ever trust USPS again. Not that I ever held them with high regard before. But today's experience has left me with an urge to... you get the idea.

12. DigitalD

DigitalD TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    Ha! I had my eye on that one. Doh!

13. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    well after about 12 phone calls. Including to Cardinal Camera (who couldn't help, told me to contact/refuse package/file claim with Amazon) I finally got my package.

Ran ExifTool, and if i'm reading this correctly (looking at the lines Image Count and Image Count 2) only 2 images. But there were only 2 images on the brand new card i used for this test... hmm.... im reading now image count and shutter actuations aren't the same thing

So I also tried http://tools.science.si/index.php
    and here were the results
    Detected Model: ILCE-7M2
    Shutter actuations made up to file DSC00003.ARW: 2
    | | | | Sony_Tag9050_0x0032 = 2
    | | | | Sony_Tag9050_0x0033 = 0
    | | | | Sony_Tag9050_0x0034 = 0
    (65536 * 0) + (256 * 0) + 2 = 2

soooooo, did i just get a Brand NEW a7ii for 1449? I think i did! :thumbup::yahoo:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 2