1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A7ii eye focus help/issues

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Justachillin2, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Justachillin2

Justachillin2 New to TalkEmount

Nov 28, 2013
    So basically I can get the camera to eye focus with the center button but the green box only stays highlighted for a second or two. At first I was using it with face recognition and it would go from eye focus straight to the big box to focus on the whole face. I turned off the face recognition and now it only highlights the eye for a second or two. I've tried it multiple times in different situations and still the same results. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? Thank in advance for the help/suggestions.

2. adwb

adwb TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol UK
    Alistair
    I think it might be normal my A7r2 does the same , but , if you turn on the focus ara, and selects either auto or continuous then in focus mode you then turn on lock on AF which is available in 3 sizes and that might do what you want?

3. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    The A7ii does not have continuous eye-AF, unlike the the A7Rii. So what you are seeing is normal and expected.

4. Justachillin2

Justachillin2 New to TalkEmount

Nov 28, 2013
    Ah ok. Now it makes sense. I was confused a little. I always thought that everyone meant there wasn't eye af in afc shooting mode but in the afs it was available and the A7Rii had it in both shooting modes. Thanks for clearing this up.

5. adwb

adwb TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol UK
    Alistair
    Hm I did not know the A72 does not have continuous eye-af

6. riskinstrument

riskinstrument TalkEmount Regular

Nov 20, 2014
    Dallas, Texas.
    Hold down the button you're using for eye focus until you take the shot. It overrides focus with the shutter release.

• Informative Informative x 1