1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A7II EVF Toggle

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Daum, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Daum

Daum TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 16, 2014
    I feel the A7II EVF auto detect is too sensitive and sometimes i need to use the LCD but it doesn't activate because of light dust or lint on the sensor, sunlight or whatever it causes me to lose too many shots. I've looked around and can't seem to find an option to lower the sensitivity but what I'd really like is to be able to assign it to a custom button where I can toggle between the EVF and LCD. Is this even possible? Tips please!

2. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    A few of us fixed that with LED dimmer tape. Covering maybe 1/3 of the sensor behind the rubber eye piece. Works like a charm. Search the forums there should be another thread on this topic where we discuss it.

3. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    Here's the link to a recent thread on this subject.
    https://www.talkemount.com/threads/11291/

It has an Amazon link (US, I think) to a listing for the LightDims product. There's also a direct link to the product's maker/distributor. I may give this a try on my new a6000 once it arrives. I recall being bothered by this problem on my DSC-HX100V back in 2011, so it seems like a recurring issue with Sony's implementation. One little "advantage" of the budget a3000 was that I never had this problem since you have to press a physical button to switch between EVF and LCD screen. Of course, that had its own issues. ;)

4. Danske

Danske TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 16, 2015
    I did the sticker trick and it worked great. I too would love to be able to assign it to a button though.

5. Daum

Daum TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 16, 2014
    Thanks for your help guys! Assigning to a button would have been ideal for me but can't have everything.

6. ChronoBodi

ChronoBodi TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 30, 2015
    What's more annoying is that the Sony a99 had a dedicated button to this function. Why they left it out of the a7 series i do not know. Although, can it be a custom button?