1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

A7 on order :)

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by rkworld, Dec 17, 2013.

1. rkworld

rkworld TalkEmount Regular

Aug 22, 2013
    NYC
    Roman
    just sharing, hopefully it arrives before the weekend so i can do some test with my Canon FD glass, once i am comfy with it, my nex6 and a few lenses(1650, 8mm, 30mm) will be for sale :)
    Patience is not my virtue at the moment lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    I'm anxious to see your findings, what fd lenses do you have?

3. rkworld

Aug 22, 2013
    NYC
    Roman
    i have canon Fd50mm f1.4 and canon fd 28mm f2.0

4. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
  5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Congrats!!! I would be exchited too :)

6. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Congrats, hope you're going to like it.

I'm practically in the same boat, owning a NEX-6 and some native E-mount lenses as well. I'm still holding off on selling the NEX-6. OSS of the SEL-1855 and SEL-55210 is not supported on the A7 and I did a comparison the other day between the A7 in APS-C crop mode and the NEX-6 with native lenses. That showed me that the NEX-6 and A7 are practically equivalent in terms of noise when the pictures are resized to the same dimensions. And I still think the NEX-6 is a nifty little camera with great imaging power, despite all the quirks of its user interface.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hawon

Hawon TalkEmount Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Hawon
    Congrats!

Sent from Lumia 521 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Great lenses, looking forward to some 28/2 pics!

9. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    I broke down and placed my order today. A voice in my head was telling me to wait until spring, but you know what? I've waited long enough. This is the camera I've wanted since I mothballed my Nikon FE in 2001. It's the camera I've been stockpiling full-frame lenses for ever since I got the NEX-7. It's the camera worth taking on a bit of debt and/or selling off some old toys for.

YMMV, but for the last 18 months I've been urging Sony (or anyone else) to develop something like this. Now they've gone and done it, and it's my turn to put my money where my mouth is.

• Like Like x 3
  10. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Just guessing. But I'm pretty sure the A7 is going to make you happier than 12 dogs. ;-)

11. rkworld

Aug 22, 2013
    NYC
    Roman
    well i already have 1 dog, that makes me happy lol so yes this camera will add to that :)

12. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I had the same stance, but I was weaker than you. As soon as Lightroom 5.3 RC came out with A7/R support I broke down and pre-ordered the A7. I too had bought lenses anticipating this, a Minolta 20/2.8 half a year ago and only recently the Olympus OM 21/3.5 and 24/2.8 beauties. Me a gearhead? Nah...

13. rkworld

Aug 22, 2013
    NYC
    Roman
    patience is not my virtue at the moment, when will someone invent a teleporter so instead of shipping products can just appear as soon as you buy them lol

14. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    How nice would that be, get your camera in an instant and then hop off from my Dutch home to the Grand Canyon for some pics and be back before dinner!

15. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Well, in a few years Amazon is supposed to have launched their 30-min drone delivery system in major urban areas. Get your camera delivered, and take out your neighbor's barking dog, all with a click of a mouse!

• Like Like x 1
  16. rkworld

Aug 22, 2013
    NYC
    Roman
    its here, i fee like a kid on Christmas, let the testing begin, just a quick shot from Canon FD28 F2.0, shot at F2.8 under office lights
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. rkworld

Aug 22, 2013
    NYC
    Roman
    one more, this time from Canon FD50mm F1.4, shot wide open, talk about Full Frame Blur, Yummy
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1