1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A7-III ?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by NickCyprus, May 30, 2016.

1. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I think they will go with a new sensor with an increase in MP as usual (the latter is not something that would interest me personally), 4K probably, silent shutter maybe... I would definately would like the writing times to the card and viewing to be improved too (so a faster processor?)

What I would like to see but probably won't happen is a touchscreen, dual card slots, improved battery life (but with compatible batteries between the existing systems).

Adding AF-C eye af would be welcomed, as well as improvements in AF overall (accuracy, low light, faster, more fps, more af points wider pdaf, and a separate joystick for selecting the focus point maybe).
    Definately better UI - menu - and an improvement in the EVF and screen is welcomed too :)

3. Lucille

Lucille TalkEmount Veteran

May 22, 2013
    Sony, I don't care what you call it...

GIVE ME a affordable medium format camera, even if its a fixed lens body like the RX1's...........

• Like Like x 1
  4. MAubrey

MAubrey TalkEmount Top Veteran

UHS-II!!!

Or at least a fully implemented version of UHS-I. Even the top of the line A7rII is a disaster of memory card speed:
    Sony A7R II Fastest SD Card Comparison (link)

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Lossless compression for raw files, these uncompressed files fill up my hard drive like there's no tomorrow. And enable playback while writing to the card, heck, my 2006 Nikon D200 could do that!

• Like Like x 3
  6. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Sell it for US$899. :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Agree with the above posts. Sony needs to work on the I/O of its memory controller. Better buffer management too, it's slow to empty into the card, and making the write buffer available for more shots.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    I can't wait for the A7 III, so I can get another A7 II for cheap!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    I am definitely up for an A9, so that the A7rII goes on fire sale :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Same here, hoping the price of the A7II comes down a bit so I can upgrade...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. pbizarro

pbizarro TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 24, 2014
    Portugal
    Touch screen.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Alex66

Alex66 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2014
    I would like a body style like the Nex6/A6x00 series, I have oily skin :( and am forever wiping the screen. Dual card slots would be a big big bonus for me. I would on a facile level like the body in silver and don't want more weight.