A7 + 55 F1.8 FE ZA Fair price?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by starmite, Aug 15, 2014.

1. starmite

starmite TalkEmount Regular

Dec 20, 2012
    Looking at buying a "pre-owned" A7 being sold with the awesome SEL55F18Z lens. Low actuations on the camera, and includes original boxes, etc. What is a fair price these days for this combo? Opinions, please.
  2. MizOre

MizOre TalkEmount Regular

Jan 18, 2014
    Minus 15 to 20% of the current new price from a major camera seller for both if you're looking at less than 600 shutter activations (image count). Roughly half lowest new price if over 5,000 shutter activations, but budge upward if he camera and lens are in really good shape.

I'd ask what the first owner was getting next -- I love people who churn their gear -- more good stuff for me at better prices -- but if the person isn't buying say, the A7s or the A7r, or something cooler and hotter (the first owner of my first SLR had sold it to buy a Minox), then you could be looking at a camera that got dropped or which is subtly off in some way, but "I decided to get a camera that was simpler" is also valid. Knock off a bit if you're not buying from a store because private individuals generally don't offer even short term warrantees.