1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A6300 grip?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by josema, Jun 21, 2016.

1. josema

josema TalkEmount Regular

Mar 31, 2013
    Spain
    Jose M. Alonso
    I had the chance to hand hold a Fuji XT1 a couple days ago and really liked the feeling. It made me realize one issue I'm finding with my A6300 (and Nex6 before this one) is that I think I need a higher grip where I can also rest my little finger.

I'm not looking for an L plate or the like at this time. Maybe what I need is not a grip, maybe it's a half case... I'm not sure...

Any suggestions?

2. josema

Mar 31, 2013
    Spain
    Jose M. Alonso
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  3. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    Tom
    Nothing surprising there. I did that with my NEX-6, and then with my A6000, for exactly that reason - plus a slightly larger diameter grip area. Much more comfortable for fingers the size of mine.

- Tom -

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yeap same here. Had a battery grip with my old Nex-6 (Ownuser one, but I don't they make one for the A6300 yet) and really transformed how the camera handled for me.

5. josema

Mar 31, 2013
    Spain
    Jose M. Alonso
    Thanks, Tom and Nick.

6. SRHEdD

SRHEdD TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    On the body cases:
    Sony makes one for the A6300. Bottom opens for access, just like the Gariz cases. Difference is the Sony has a leather(?) bottom, Gariz has their famous metal plate. I use both brands on different cameras, one is no better than the other, Gariz MIGHT be a little thicker on the bottom, but Sony has an actual door versus a large opening on Gariz.

7. josema

Mar 31, 2013
    Spain
    Jose M. Alonso
    Thanks SRHEdD. I think this may be it and just ordered the Sony one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dragion

dragion TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    I use my LIM's Half Case on mine which was made for the A6000, but fit the A6300 too.
    Not sure if they make one specifically for the A6300.

Here is my mini review thread...LIMS -LE-HCA6000 Half Case for Sony A6000

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. josema

Mar 31, 2013
    Spain
    Jose M. Alonso
    For those interested, the Sony official one fits the A6300 well, and provides that extra grip for the little finger I needed. The case is still new and a bit hard but I believe it will soften a bit with use. Happy with the purchase.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. josema

Mar 31, 2013
    Spain
    Jose M. Alonso
    Now that we're at it. I also purchased a generic thumb grip (Selens). Too short for the A6300 but I have to confess it seems it can be helpful specially when hand holding and shooting looking through the LCD screen.
    I refrained from buying the Lensmate one due to cost of product + shipping to Europe.
    Anybody got it and can comment? Or maybe found an alternative?

11. SRHEdD

SRHEdD TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    I love my Lensmates! Saw the ads for them for other cameras and just thought it was an unnecessary geegaw, but bought one for the A6000 in a moment of weakness. Now I can't imagine NOT having it on the camera. BUT... I don't usually use these for flash work. I can imagine it to be a PITA to keep taking off to mount a HVL-F60M, etc.

grip2.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. josema

Mar 31, 2013
    Spain
    Jose M. Alonso
    Oh, no... I shouldn't have asked. Now you'll make me buy it! :p

• Like Like x 1