1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

A6000

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by phoheron, Feb 8, 2016.

1. phoheron

phoheron New to TalkEmount

Dec 25, 2015
    Brad
    For A6000 owners/shooters what is your opion of the quality of the A6000? I handled one recently it felt plasticky. What do you like/ do not like about your camera?

2. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    I think "feel" and "build quality" are really over rated unless you are going into some travel/backpack sort of scenario.

I have had a LOT of cameras, but I have no issues with the a6000. It is a well executed, 1-wheel corner EVF tilty screen body. One of the best I've used. Some people want a touch screen. I could use it if it was there, but I'm not dying without it. The grip is good, the functions and menus are good, and it has enough programmable custom buttons for me.

My biggest issue is lacking mid-level lenses. The 28/2 is my favorite lenses on it. I also use an manual 100mm 2.8 and an 8mm fisheye manual focus. For a strap, I use the Peak Design strap, and it's sized perfectly.

I really have no complaints, and the price and output are spot on. Just could use some other compact, mid-quality AF lenses, but oh well. I find myself grabbing the a6000 more than the a7, FWIW.

What do you take pictures of?

edit: one tiny little niggle, and it's not huge at all. Where the grip and the on/off switch are located, I find sometimes I accidentally turn the camera on without realizing it. I've left it on overnight a few times, but it has a pretty effective sleep mode.

• Like Like x 1
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I too am just fine with the "build quality." Over a year of ownership, 1000+ shots, and no scratches, dents or significant issues.

Sent from my SM-N920P using TalkEmount mobile app

4. phoheron

phoheron New to TalkEmount

Dec 25, 2015
    Brad
    I like to shot birds,nature, landscapes. Scenery and buildings.