1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A6000

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by phoheron, Jan 16, 2016.

1. phoheron

phoheron New to TalkEmount

Dec 25, 2015
    Brad
    What do you like/dislike about the A6000? How rugged do you feel the body is?

2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I don't have one but to me if feels less "sturdy" than a nex-6 materials wise. If you mean rugged as in wearherproof/strong, I dont think its any different from other Sony Nex's... Sorry in advance if I understood the term you used wrongly

Spec wise its better than other nex's all around, even though some complain about the lower res evf, menu is much better. There are so many online reviews/comparisons between a6000-nex...

What I don't like is the body size although the grip is MUCH better. One of the reasons I went with an A7.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nexnut

Nexnut TalkEmount Top Veteran

Not much to add. Great specs (AF!) but I'm hopelessly old school - no metal body, no deal, no exceptions.

4. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    N├Žstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    Size, ease of operation, lensadaptability, image quality, use of mf lenses, WiFi and price. Im under the impression Id have to buy something like D7100 to be better of that I am now.

Dislike
    Hmm prices of quality lenses and lack of same e.g. macros, portrait teles and faster wides.

It doesn't ooze build quality but it seems study enough for my purposes.

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Coming from three other NEX's, the A6000 is everything I missed in previous models. Sony solved the AF issues that plagued mirrorless cameras for a few years. The new menu layout and heavily customizable buttons scheme are a blessing.

My one desire would be a touchscreen. Sony tried it out once, but not since. Come on guys.

6. Daniel Lai

Daniel Lai New to TalkEmount

Jan 22, 2016
    Got 1 and so far happy with it especially I got it on very low price. The only hiccup is the shutter died when my son took it to Europe. Have to return to Sony to replace the shutter module. Also the screen at the back can only be angled but not flip out like the 5100.
    Lens wise, still looking for a macro lens not too expensive and not much after market e-mount lens to choose from.

7. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Wow, having a shutter die on me would sour me on a camera, Daniel. I've been around these forums since the NEX-6, and yours is the first shutter failure on an A6000 that I've read about. Here's hoping you have much better luck in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Daniel Lai

Daniel Lai New to TalkEmount

Jan 22, 2016
    Bad thing do happen but the service was good. Returned to Sony and got it back within 2 weeks fixed all under warranty.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Wow, never heard of a broken shutter on the nex/a6000/a7 either! Talk about bad luck.
    How about the sony 30mm macro?

10. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    There have been a few reports over the years of E-Mount issues, but very rare. Still, if it happens to you it is upsetting.