A6000 with nikon system

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ekafithra, Aug 11, 2014.

1. ekafithra

ekafithra New to TalkEmount

Aug 11, 2014
    Hello, i recently adopted the a6000 accompanying my nikon d5100. I have some nikon system in my disposal (flash sb700, nikkor G lenses) and hoping to use them in the a6000. Read their compatibility elsewhere but kinda confusing. Can anyone explain how to combine a6000 with nikon flash and lenses, including adapters required? Appreciate it...
  2. ferrellmc

ferrellmc New to TalkEmount

Jul 30, 2014
    I love my A6000 but only use the small pop up flash which does fine for my needs. However, my SB-800 nikon flash will fire on the hot shoe no problem. On my A7R I set the flash on manual and adjust the power. As for mounting nikon lenses on the e-mount you have a few choices. I suggest B&H photo/video website see metabones brand, Novoflex brand and don't forget the speed booster, worth considering. Here is the link: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/searc...&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=
    • Like Like x 1
  3. dragion

dragion TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    Nikon compatibility

Coming from Nikon and evolving over to Sony...I have the Fotodiox Pro NIK(G) - NEX (non click) adapter.

Works with Nikon "G" lenses that doesn't have an aperture ring.

Manual focus only.

Fotodiox Pro NIK(G) - NEX Lens Adapter by dragioniii, on Flickr

Here is a test shot I took with the AF 50mm f/1.8D in very low light with focus peaking SOOC (JPEG)

by dragioniii, on Flickr

I use the Sony HVL-F20M as a wireless trigger off the A6000 to trigger the Nikon Yongnuo YN-565 EX Speedlite for off camera flash...needs to be in M2 mode.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ekafithra

ekafithra New to TalkEmount

Aug 11, 2014
    Focus peaking is working with adapted lens? I thought it's only E-mount lens compatible...
  5. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    It simply measures the contrast of the video signal coming from the sensor, so it has nothing to do with which lens you use.
  6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Yup, any lens you have shows up.