• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

a6000 vertical grip

OldNoob

TalkEmount Veteran
Made you look :p ;)
15218138343_93f926cc07_b.jpg
   ---            

Seriously though, adding a grip seems to completely negate the advantage of the a6000s smaller size.

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Ya, I personally don't see the point of buying a system that is compact and then adding big accessories.

Like a 70-200 lens or a big external flash :confused:......;)

The "compactness" or portability of this system is something that has been discussed. Way I see it is that the beauty of this system is that it can be portable and lightweight for when you need it or when situation demands it to add the accessories that add bulk but are necessary to do the job ;) I think most people confuse compact with pocketable. In any way this system is overall more portable/lightweight/compact from the DSLR with same lenses/accessories

OldNoob

TalkEmount Veteran
The Grip in the picture is an old broken a550 grip with the battery tower taken off. I had it mounted to my Pentax k-30 for a while. I love the extra grip , bit makes the camera so bulky.

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
Like a 70-200 lens or a big external flash :confused:......;)

The "compactness" or portability of this system is something that has been discussed. Way I see it is that the beauty of this system is that it can be portable and lightweight for when you need it or when situation demands it to add the accessories that add bulk but are necessary to do the job ;) I think most people confuse compact with pocketable. In any way this system is overall more portable/lightweight/compact from the DSLR with same lenses/accessories

True, even weighed down with extras it is still smaller than a conventional DSLR.

For me though, I want nothing extra. My NEX 6 is never going into a pocket, but I like that it is small and discret.

OldNoob

TalkEmount Veteran

José De Bardi

Assistant in Virtue
Real Name
José
Looks much better than the OWNUSER one which relies on IR trigger from base to camera. I wonder if this will support half shutter press via the USB connection it has...

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Oh this is NICE!!!! not too big! hope i can get one would help battery swapping.
http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Wireless-Control-Battery-NP-FW50/dp/B00RJTCAJ4/ref=sr_1_41?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1421742195&sr=1-41&keywords=a6000+battery+grip
61JTOHrvsWL._SL1001_.jpg
   ---            

Wow, that looks even bulkier than the Ownuser one...
After using my Ownuser grip for so long, I can't seem to pursuade myself to take it off - makes the Nex-6 feel very small/unconfortable to hold and handle without it :)

....that, or I really want an A7 :p

alaios

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Alex
LEts hope it is better than the ownuser.... My major problem with these grips is that makes really hard to change the memory card..
Alex

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
LEts hope it is better than the ownuser.... My major problem with these grips is that makes really hard to change the memory card..
Alex

That it does...
Or just buy bigger capacity memory cards so you don't have to change them that often :D

OldNoob

TalkEmount Veteran

gmutt26

TalkEmount Regular
Jb camera designs. They do fantastic bamboo grips. Just got one and it feels very nice.

Sent from my D6603 using TalkEmount mobile app

Attachments

• 1421868505683.jpg
    1421868505683.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 438

Yodaque

New to TalkEmount
Neewer battery grip include :

Package Contents:
2 * Replacement Battery for FW50
1 * Battery Grip
1 * Remote Control
1 * Connect Cable
1 * Camera Grip Connector

OldNoob

TalkEmount Veteran
I don't understand why they cant work the wireless remote into the shutter activation on the grip instead of using a cable.

Latest threads

Top Bottom