1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A6000 "overheating"???

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Y3KPhoto, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Y3KPhoto

Y3KPhoto New to TalkEmount

Apr 17, 2019
    I have a lightly used A6000, and over the weekend, i was shooting single images with the camera (and screen), mostly on for about an hour,, and the screen started going "black/blank" at times.. It would still fire, but was unable to use screen intermittently; sometimes would turn off, then turn back on at times.. ?? I noticed the same issue today, but camera was only on for a short period of time ?? Any help, appreciated.. Thx, Chris.

2. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    If it was overheating as alluded to in the title, I am pretty sure you would see an error saying as much and then it would turn off (if I recall correctly).

It sounds more like a loose connection between camera and screen to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Y3KPhoto

Y3KPhoto New to TalkEmount

Apr 17, 2019
    -Something i should have thot of.. My A55 did the same thing once, and it was an error message. -AND, on the A6000, i was moving the screen around a fair amount.. Thanks for the head's up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.