1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A6000 MF Assist

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Pitter, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Pitter

Pitter TalkEmount Veteran

Since I don't always trust my eyes I wish there was an old style split ring system instead of ground glass on the a6000. Anyway I'm trying to figure out how to hold the shutter release down halfway, rotate the lens focus ring and press the center button on the control ring all at the same time. Is there a way to lock on that close focus view so you can adjust the lens focus ring easily?

2. GTiDon

GTiDon New to TalkEmount

Dec 28, 2013
    Shouldn't it activate when you turn the focus ring? I don't have a @6000 but it does this on my VG20 + NEX7 + Nex5

3. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    If you are using an adapted lens then you need to assign a button to enable MF Assist.

I use c2 on the back, it goes into MF Assist for 10 seconds without pressing any other buttons, which is plenty of time to focus and then shoot. Not sure why you are asking about half press shutter, as this will only make it focus on an AF lens - unless you are using DMF mode and so want it to auto focus and then override that with the focus ring?

Maybe if you can explain what you are doing/trying to do in another way?

4. Pitter

Pitter TalkEmount Veteran

The lens is the Sony-Zeiss 24mm 1.8 and yes I had it set to DMF so maybe that's my problem. I'll keep working on it.

5. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    Ah ok. I abandoned DMF in favour of setting c1 as MF/AF switch and leaving AF mode as AF-C.
    This way you can switch to full manual focus, and then just turn the focus ring and it will kick MF Assist in automatically as GTiDon suggests.

• Like Like x 1