1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A6000 manual focus problem

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by jaz1943, Sep 11, 2014.

1. jaz1943

jaz1943 New to TalkEmount

Sep 8, 2014
    Banning, CA
    Allen Jaszcar
    I have a new A6000. When using the kit lens manual focus works perfectly. When using my Voigtlander 35 and 21mm lenses with a Voigtlander VM II lens adapter the focus is slightly off. I used these lenses on a previous A7 with a Voigtlander VM adapter and they were super sharp as well as on my Leica m5 and M6. Any suggestions?

2. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    I think we need a bit more information to answer that properly.

How are you setting the focus manually? With peaking? Are you using the magnification setting?

The problem with peaking is, it can highlight areas in the photo that are close to in focus but not quite. The first thing you can try is turn peaking down to its lowest setting. The less peaking highlights you see, the more precise you can be.

Also, if you are shooting at a wide aperture you might need to use the magnification feature to get focus spot on. I program a function key so I can quickly access this function.

• Like Like x 1
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Well said, I'll add a few thoughts.

First off peaking is actually picking up contrast points. 95% of the time this is right, but occasionally it gets it wrong.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=56246.0

Additionally, when you have the peaking setting set to fine and a wide open lens, you can often loose the peaking.

4. jaz1943

jaz1943 New to TalkEmount

Sep 8, 2014
    Banning, CA
    Allen Jaszcar
    Problem solved. I had the camera in Program Auto ant it was driving shutter speed low for some reason. Went to aperture priority and all is well. Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    I would have never guessed that!