• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

A6000 cant download PlayMemories apps

Simon65

New to TalkEmount
Hi all, just trying to download PlayMemories apps to my A6000 for the first time and even the download tool itself, and it keeps coming up with 'verify connection' and gets no further, on the camera it says 'check the connected device' so what to do?

I'm using Chrome and have tried the USB camera settings on Auto and Mass Storage, tried different USB ports and the lead I got with the camera but nothing worked.

Anyone else had this and found a way through?

Cheers🙂

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Hmmm, haven't done this for such a long time, can't recall how it's done, but doesn't sound like you're doing it incorrectly. I suggest a Windows OS system, connected to a USB port directly, no USB hubs.
Note: If the camera is connected via WiFi, you can also download apps directly from the camera. You must use the menu system, which is a bit clunkier.

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
it may be the are no longer hosting this application? since I believe play memories is dead and it is now Imaging Edge or w/e it's called now

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Out of curiosity I went and looked and it appears the apps are still available, and a download tool. They do list the A6000 as a filter for the apps as well.

I might try using Internet Exploder if you still have that available. The later versions of Chrome and most browsers are stricter in what they support these days, which might play into it.

Here is the apps page for anyone interested. https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/portal/
And a support article on installing them. https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00110441

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Veteran
f the camera is connected via WiFi, you can also download apps directly from the camera. You must use the menu system, which is a bit clunkier.
It is very clunky. Horrible on-screen keyboard! But it is worth a try if other ways are not working.

Having no Win/Mac machines, I had to do it from the camera. At first, I hit failure and error messages that can't be read because they are designed to display on a PC screen and I gave up for a while. One day I tried when the broadband was down, so via Android-phone hotspot, and it worked fine. Have no idea why it wouldn't via the router.

Latest posts

Top Bottom