A6000, a huge success?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by lenshoarder, Apr 27, 2014.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 7, 2012
    I just noticed that the black A6000 body is backordered until May 22nd now. That's quite a backlog. I think all the preorders already got shipped out since until a few days ago, the backorder was only until April 25th. I talked to my local Sony store and they said they are out and they have no idea when they'll be getting any more. Is the A6000 a huge success?
  2. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    Well quite a lot of people seem to have upgraded to it, myself included, and it gets rave reviews all round, so I'd say yes...
  3. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    If it's a huge success, I think that works well for all. More demand more commitment, more innovation.
    Mirrorless is not as big in the States as you may think, so many retailers didn’t place a big order. I know the local near me only ordered 2 above pre-sale and didn't really want to let me handle the ones they had.
    They said they have gotten screwed with so many mirrorless launches in the past.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
  4. MikeyIdaho

MikeyIdaho TalkEmount Rookie

Mar 1, 2014
    Mine just shipped from B&H so I'm looking forward to that. From all the positive reviews and pre-orders I'm just hoping it means continued support for the e-mount system and therefore more lenses and bodies, both crop and full frame from both Sony and 3rd party companies.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TalkEmount mobile app
  5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    The majority of the reviews so far have been favorable.