A6000 - $200 off

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by teddoman, Nov 27, 2014.

1. teddoman

teddoman TalkEmount Regular

Nov 18, 2014
    nyc
    • Like Like x 2
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Wow!!! That's a steal and a bargain for someone who wants to start exploring the beautiful world of Sony's mirrorless cameras :)

Unfortunately for us who have older Nex bodies (like my Nex-6) and looking to sell these to "upgrade" to FF e-mount bodies, such prices/discounts mean that our stuff have very little re-sale value now... :( Something I experienced first hand while trying to sell my Nex-6.
    That's another one of the problems with Sony IMO - because they indroduce so many new cameras so fast, its cameras don't maintain their initial (high) price/value. Of course, in Europe, prices for used cameras is still quite higher than in the US/etc.

3. HabsFan

HabsFan TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    Ontario, CAN
    I think with the A6000, the problem (for resale of old models) was that it started at a pretty good price (650) and was discounted almost right away. The NEX-6 was 750 if I remember correctly at launch. I guess this is bad news for anyone that wants to sell their A6000 as well. Prices of used A6000 bodies should drop to under $400 in the near future. I'll probably pick one up to replace my 5N but I'm curious to see what is coming out in January/February first.

4. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    you did not move to full frame?

5. OldNoob

OldNoob TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    2 dollars cheaper than a used one. CRAZY! Thankfully , with the lens, its still a hundred dollars more than what i spent WHEW!;)

6. teddoman

Nov 18, 2014
    nyc
    A used A6000 body for $350? How'd you manage that?$200 seems like a pretty big discount for a top selling model like the A6000 that's only been out 6 months. But we don't know what kind of high projections they set for themselves for 2014 that they're trying to meet right now.I don't begrudge anyone buying new with the discount. This is just consumer electronics in 2014. The priceless memories I've captured in the last month or two make it worth it to me.

7. OldNoob

Oct 30, 2014
    According to the link, the sight shows a used a6000, body only is 449.95 and a new one, body only is 448 so thats about a 2 dollar difference. With the 16-50mm lens its 746
    I got mine used with sel1650 lens for about 560

8. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    Very good deals. I saw it in ebay last night, then amazon started. I am sure a new camera, A7000, with IBIS is coming:) Body might be thicker due to bigger size sensor mechanism for IBIS..

9. teddoman

Nov 18, 2014
    nyc
    Seems like a good guess. And as long as it has the on sensor PDAF of the A6000, I am pretty much guaranteed to buy the new A7000 at some point, even w/o IBIS.

10. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Eric
    That is an incredible deal on that camera!

Nick, I think you are dead-on with your post. For those reasons, I am just going to hold onto my Nex-6 when it is upgrade time. I have already lost so much value in it, it is more valuable to me as a more compact second body with 1.5X crop factor that I can use when the mood strikes when (if) I upgrade to the A7ii that is calling me. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  12. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
  13. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Can't really judge by sites like these. We may be a passionate base, but the total number of users on these sites barely move the needle. Mirrorless is much bigger in Asia and Europe than the US. Just look at where the cameras are released first. Also how many models never make it to the US.

I am going to check if I can get the difference from B&H since I am still within 30 day return period.

14. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    In Asia maybe, but I don't think that's the case for Europe. At least from what I'm seeing.
    The new A7-ii isn't yet available for preorder in the european sony websites to get an idea (US & Asia only)

• Like Like x 1
  15. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    • Like Like x 1
  16. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    how much do you sell your nex-6? pm please. I have a friend that looks for that body

17. OldNoob

Oct 30, 2014
    BestBuy now has the a6000 with kit lens for 599 :( stuff like this bugs me more the older i get. I paid about the same price for a used camera 3000 shutter activations last month.

There used to be that very bad part of me that wanted to go buy the new camera and then swap it with the old one and then return it just to get that 200 dollars back or get that new one for the same price.
    But having been a victim of that dishonesty in the past myself, i disdain and am repulsed even by the idea of doing that now.
    Still,, seems like things just don't retain their value like years ago. I recall buying a camera in the 80's for 150 new and it kept its resale value for at least 3 years

(End old man grumpy rant);)

18. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Wow, almost convincing me to upgrade

19. teddoman

Nov 18, 2014
    nyc
    Take comfort in the fact that stuff just gets a lot better so much faster now. So yeah, it depreciates faster, but it's also getting way better faster.So many features now.Maybe you still saved money b/c of the tax :)

• Like Like x 1