1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

a3000 Images - Adapted lenses

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Hawkman, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    In line with the counterpart Native Lenses thread I created, I thought I'd start its "sister", one for a3000 with adapted lenses. I'm still getting the hang of the manual focusing. And the low res LCD and EVF can sometimes make that a bit of a challenge for a newbie like myself. But I occasionally get a few I like.

So, to start things off, here's one I shot this past Saturday, when it was 70 degrees F ahead of Sunday-Monday's snowstorm (go figure). The sky was clear and I was walking around near my office. Shot this building with the a3000 and a Minolta MD W.Rokkor-X 28mm f/2.8 (49mm filter threads).

13255987254_d5431c91c8_o.

Thoughts, comments and critique always welcome. I'm still trying to find "my style", but I do like buildings. ;)

Enjoy.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Great shot. There needs to a bird or a cloud shaped like Snoopy in his Sopwith Camel up there to make use of all those great leading lines. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hawkman

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hawkman

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    And, one from a couple weeks ago when the skies were clear at night and I could try out my then-new "lens." I wasn't going to post this, but what the heck...

13967586766_5add460ce9_k. Untitled by SRHawk64, on Flickr

Celestron NexStar 6SE - 1500mm f/10 +2X Barlow, 1/800, ISO 3200

However, as you can probably tell, there are two things wrong with the shot.
    First, I mistakenly set the a3000 to ISO 3200. So there's way too much noise. Second, I still haven't got the hang of manual focus with the ever-so-sensitive Celestron.

Now, I know many of you may recall from my other posts my constant comments/whining about my low budget for lenses (and a Celestron NexStar 6SE is not cheap... it's no Zeiss Touit or Otus, but it's more than most Sony native E-mount lenses). Well, this is more than just a lens, and... Rest easy, this was also a gift.
    So... Thank you Jennifer.

Hopefully we'll have clear skies again soon so I can practice focus and exposure some more. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    I'm so tempted to get a telescope!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Hawkman

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    You should go for it... but that's easy for me to say.

Unfortunately we've had a lot of rainy and cloudy nights lately, so I can't say a lot about the experience using mine yet. But I can say that if you've never used one, they do take some getting used to... and require a bunch of accessories in order to take pictures. Come to think of it, there's a correlation there to camera G.A.S. ;)

7. Hawkman

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    Really liking the low-light capability of the MD 50mm f/2... so much that I am really getting tempted by the affordable MD 50mm f/1.4.

Here are a couple just fiddling around at home tonight...

14086217845_3661dcbd5b_o. Vino by SRHawk64, on Flickr

Minolta MD 50mm f/2 @f/2, 1/80, ISO 1600

14063117696_7a1bbb48cd_o. Mini-prise by SRHawk64, on Flickr

Minolta MD 50mm f/2 @f/2, 1/100, ISO 800

• Like Like x 3
  8. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    Yea I've used them a few times. I bought a lovely little 6 inch reflector for an ex's Dads 60th that I used to have use of. Funnily enough I just found out a colleague has one so am going to go out one night with him :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk