1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

A walk with a couple of Hexanons

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by DigitalD, Apr 17, 2015.

1. DigitalD

DigitalD TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    Yesterday I received the Konica Hexanon 40mm 1.8 and 57mm 1.4 that I recently acquired for a good deal. These are some pics from this afternoon. They both loose a bit of detail wide open and the 40mm vignettes pretty tough at 1.8 but stopped down just a half stop and they clean up pretty well. The 40mm is a great budget pancake lens that I have eyed for awhile. The 57mm is smaller and lighter then I expected. Definitely a nice pair to go walking with. Can't beat the price either. ;)

fonsecafoto-Hexanons-0077. fonsecafoto-Hexanons-0084. fonsecafoto-Hexanons-0087. fonsecafoto-Hexanons-0088. fonsecafoto-Hexanons-0094. fonsecafoto-Hexanons-0097. fonsecafoto-Hexanons-0113.

• Like Like x 9
  2. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    For bargain lenses they're doing alright I'd say.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DigitalD

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    Yep pretty good. I like them so far. Still getting used to them :)

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nice results. I like #3 a lot!!!

5. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Very nice results!
    I'm also a Konica convert. Wonderful lenses. I also acquired the 57mm f/1.4, but it needs a cleaning before shooting.
    And the latest one is the Hexanon 50mm f/1.8. I wasn't aware of this model, until I realized it's a 50mm version of your 40mm. About 6mm longer.
    But still much smaller than their other 50s.

6. DigitalD

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    Thanks guys!

Yes i think their size is a big asset. One of the main reasons i haven't purchased any FE lenses yet.