A walk with a couple of Hexanons

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by DigitalD, Apr 17, 2015.

1. DigitalD

DigitalD TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    Yesterday I received the Konica Hexanon 40mm 1.8 and 57mm 1.4 that I recently acquired for a good deal. These are some pics from this afternoon. They both loose a bit of detail wide open and the 40mm vignettes pretty tough at 1.8 but stopped down just a half stop and they clean up pretty well. The 40mm is a great budget pancake lens that I have eyed for awhile. The 57mm is smaller and lighter then I expected. Definitely a nice pair to go walking with. Can't beat the price either. ;)

fonsecafoto-Hexanons-0077. fonsecafoto-Hexanons-0084. fonsecafoto-Hexanons-0087. fonsecafoto-Hexanons-0088. fonsecafoto-Hexanons-0094. fonsecafoto-Hexanons-0097. fonsecafoto-Hexanons-0113.

• Like Like x 9
  2. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Feb 17, 2015
    For bargain lenses they're doing alright I'd say.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DigitalD

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    Yep pretty good. I like them so far. Still getting used to them :)

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nice results. I like #3 a lot!!!

5. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Very nice results!
    I'm also a Konica convert. Wonderful lenses. I also acquired the 57mm f/1.4, but it needs a cleaning before shooting.
    And the latest one is the Hexanon 50mm f/1.8. I wasn't aware of this model, until I realized it's a 50mm version of your 40mm. About 6mm longer.
    But still much smaller than their other 50s.

6. DigitalD

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    Thanks guys!

Yes i think their size is a big asset. One of the main reasons i haven't purchased any FE lenses yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.