A walk in the park

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Larry, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Larry

Larry TalkEmount Regular

May 23, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Larry
    After today, 'they' are projecting rain. So I thought I would take the dog out and explore a local park. I used my NEX6 with a SEL18200 lens. There was some minor processing. No cropping.

Larry

DSC06151cr1. DSC06155cr1. DSC06167cr1. DSC06190cr1. DSC06202_edited-2. DSC06214cr1. DSC06218cr1. DSC06246_edited-1.

• Like Like x 4
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nice. Like the spider web shot ;)

3. Larry

Larry TalkEmount Regular

May 23, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Larry
    Thanks. When I looked through the view finder the web was reflecting the sun. After downloading the picture I didn't see the glow. I realized what I saw was the focus peaking. Ha. Joke was on me. I should have figured it out then because all the pictures had the peaking. Live and learn. Still, it's a nice web.

The spiders/webs were everywhere. Can't tell you how many homes I disturbed by walking through them. I was too busy looking for pictures.

Larry

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Nice work. Gotta enjoy the rain breaks up there.

5. Larry

Larry TalkEmount Regular

May 23, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Larry
    Although I enjoy our summers, not too hot, blue skies, not too rainy, I like this time of year. Fall/Halloween/ Thanksgiving/Christmas/hockey/college football, what's not to like. Well, maybe raking the leaves. Winter time in the Northwest does limit the picture taking. When we get snow that can be really pretty.

I have some more park pictures. I'll post them in a day or so. I'll need to pick out some different scenes.

Larry

6. Larry

Larry TalkEmount Regular

May 23, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Larry
    Here are some more pics. The black and white is a 'I'm way in over my head' with PP. I couldn't find a feature in Elements11 that did a plain convert to B&W so I just tweaked the knobs. I was trying to bring out the ripple. The last pic is the original. Opinions? Be gentle. :)

Larry

DSC06157_edited-1. DSC06174_edited-1. DSC06176_edited-1. DSC06200_edited-1-bw. DSC06200_edited-1-org.

• Like Like x 3
  7. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I enjoy seeing photos of other parts of the country, because I'm a tree junkie, and y'all have trees we don't. Love it.

Tony

8. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I like the 1st one from the second set :thumbup: The vignetting also works for me

I prefer the coloured version of the B&W - IMO the details are lost in the B&W one

9. Larry

Larry TalkEmount Regular

May 23, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Larry
    Thanks for the feedback. I probably over processed the B&W pic.

Larry

10. markoneswift

markoneswift TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Nice sharp shots and the colour / detail are really nice. I find a few of them are a little 'busy' with lots of twigs / branches but all in all a nice set. Like the spider one and the dog one best.