A top of Moel Ellio

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Siejones, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Siejones

Siejones TalkEmount Rookie

Nov 2, 2011
    Another test outing with the Sony Nex-5n. Can it really replace the heavy full frame system I used to hump up these hills and mountains? The jury still resides ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    These are really beautiful photos Siejones, the second pic specially. IMHO depending on your shooting style and the type of photography you do it can replace a ff system e.g. There's no point using a ballistic missile if your hunting for deer :D

3. jebuskrust

jebuskrust TalkEmount Regular

Sep 16, 2011
    Limassol, Cyprus
    @Siejones these are just great - and also fantastic job on the post processing. Any chance you can post the 1st one larger somewhere? I'd love to print it out and frame it in my office. I've been looking for such a nice relaxing theme for a while ;-)

4. tomrock

tomrock TalkEmount Regular

Sep 18, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    If you shot the exact same shots with a full frame and compared them, you might see some difference.

But judging these by themselves, they're excellent.

5. Siejones

Nov 2, 2011
    Thanks....yeah there are all kinds of things to consider but including the lack of proper AE bracketing and fiddly little controls (impossible with gloves on).

Thanks but I don't usually post bigger than 800 due to the threat of image stealing and one day I might but selling my photography. I am flattered though thank you :)

Yes I am prepared to take a drop in IQ and a good crop sensor image I can accept but there other things that are just missing from the Nex which I find useful such as what I said above and the timer/remote menu options and a few other little niggles.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Yeah, that's tough mate, specially with the gloves. Its a bit pricey but maybe the NEX 7 will be a better option with the tri-navi control system.

7. Siejones

Nov 2, 2011
    I keep looking at the Nex-7 but as you say it's over priced with that over kill sensor. If only there was a Nex-6 with then Nex-7 body and the Nex-5n's sensor. I would snap that up without question.

8. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
  9. Siejones

Nov 2, 2011

I have some mits that the fingers part flaps open as a whole but the thumb is still covered. I have yet to find good fingerless gloves made for the outdoors but you have inspired me to take another look :)

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Really gorgeous, especially the second one!

11. Siejones

Nov 2, 2011
    Thanks very much :)