• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

A top of Moel Ellio

Siejones

TalkEmount Rookie
Another test outing with the Sony Nex-5n. Can it really replace the heavy full frame system I used to hump up these hills and mountains? The jury still resides ;)

Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
These are really beautiful photos Siejones, the second pic specially. IMHO depending on your shooting style and the type of photography you do it can replace a ff system e.g. There's no point using a ballistic missile if your hunting for deer :D

jebuskrust

TalkEmount Regular
@Siejones these are just great - and also fantastic job on the post processing. Any chance you can post the 1st one larger somewhere? I'd love to print it out and frame it in my office. I've been looking for such a nice relaxing theme for a while ;-)

tomrock

TalkEmount Regular
If you shot the exact same shots with a full frame and compared them, you might see some difference.

But judging these by themselves, they're excellent.

Siejones

TalkEmount Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
These are really beautiful photos Siejones, the second pic specially. IMHO depending on your shooting style and the type of photography you do it can replace a ff system e.g. There's no point using a ballistic missile if your hunting for deer :D
Thanks....yeah there are all kinds of things to consider but including the lack of proper AE bracketing and fiddly little controls (impossible with gloves on).

@Siejones these are just great - and also fantastic job on the post processing. Any chance you can post the 1st one larger somewhere? I'd love to print it out and frame it in my office. I've been looking for such a nice relaxing theme for a while ;-)
Thanks but I don't usually post bigger than 800 due to the threat of image stealing and one day I might but selling my photography. I am flattered though thank you :)

If you shot the exact same shots with a full frame and compared them, you might see some difference.

But judging these by themselves, they're excellent.

Yes I am prepared to take a drop in IQ and a good crop sensor image I can accept but there other things that are just missing from the Nex which I find useful such as what I said above and the timer/remote menu options and a few other little niggles.

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Yeah, that's tough mate, specially with the gloves. Its a bit pricey but maybe the NEX 7 will be a better option with the tri-navi control system.

Siejones

TalkEmount Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, that's tough mate, specially with the gloves. Its a bit pricey but maybe the NEX 7 will be a better option with the tri-navi control system.
I keep looking at the Nex-7 but as you say it's over priced with that over kill sensor. If only there was a Nex-6 with then Nex-7 body and the Nex-5n's sensor. I would snap that up without question.

Top Bottom