A special effort for the Western Desert Forum Members...

Discussion in 'Nature' started by roundball, Jun 13, 2014.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    This was the most troubling undertaking I’ve had in a long time. When I saw this patch of Cactus at the Arboretum, I knew I wanted to shoot it for our western desert friends on the forum…but just could not figure out any decent composition…there were manmade objects like sidewalks, cinder block walls, and buildings in every direction. In addition…every square inch of these plants have hypodermic needles on them !!!!!!
    And if it wasn’t problems with manmade objects, it was difficult composition even of the Cactus plants themselves…they are not the prettiest / most orderly / uniform creatures on the planet. And when it wasn’t composition...it was lighting / exposure…but try I did, and while these are not any kind of photos to take home to Mama, just remember it’s the thought that counts, LOL. (PS: The Arboretum Security Staff are STILL be looking for the guy who managed to get out into the Cactus patch, shoot down into a couple of flowers, then get back out without leaving a trace of blood).

CACTUS PATCH

CACTUS PATCH CROPPED

CACTUS PATCH YELLOW FLOWER CROPPED

CACTUS PATCH RED FLOWER

CACTUS PATCH RED FLOWER CROPPED

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I've personally found with Catcus like this to focus on one portion, like the flowers in the last few shots.