A Sony A6000 tale...

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by SRHEdD, Sep 13, 2017.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    A few years ago, I was at a favorite local restaurant on a sunny Saturday afternoon. As it happened, the local Porsche club was also there. I walked around and took a few photos with my new (then) Sony A6000. I'd owned a NEX-6 and -7 and enjoyed them, but nothing like the A6000. Cameras come and cameras go with me, and a few weeks ago the manager asked about the photos from this day. I dug into the hard drive and found the one he'd asked about. These were just snaps with no real intent, but he remembered this one. He ordered a framed 20x30 which now hangs in the restaurant, and he has sent me a few people looking to order prints!

This was taken with the A6000 and the under-appreciated 16-50PZ. I believe the Picture Effect was HDR Painting-High. ISO100, 1/350@f/10.

I'd long since gone back to Nikon after a brief all-Sony period, really preferring the D810 to the A7RII, but after looking at this and it's renewed popularity, I added an A6000 in graphite and a A6500 back to my bag. I think if you don't over-use these special in-camera effects they do have a place sometimes. This would have been rather ordinary otherwise (not that the Porsches aren't spectacular in their own right!). This is a smaller jpg just for posting.

DSC03882bsm.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 12
  2. lamontcranston

lamontcranston TalkEmount Rookie

Jul 18, 2017
    Great photo. I really like the effect using the Picture Effect HDR Painting-High. I've personally never used that setting but I think I will start playing with it. Thanks for posting it.

3. SRHEdD

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    Thanks! That's why I posted. These in-camera effects always seemed a bit gimmicky to me, but it worked perfectly fine here to add some pop.

...and if you're not sure where this setting is on the camera, the Shadow knows.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. lamontcranston

lamontcranston TalkEmount Rookie

Jul 18, 2017
    Ah, so you know. You're the 1st one. :2thumbs:

5. SRHEdD

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    Great correlation! Always appreciated.

6. Tipton

Tipton TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 30, 2016
    Rae Leggett
    That is a spectacular picture. I can understand why the owner would want a print!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1