• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

A shot at the moon

dendoor

TalkEmount Regular
Got my lens convertor for use with Nikon lenses and tried the Sigma 500mm Bigma on the Nex 5n

Here is the picture...

---            

combination :

---            

(iPhone quality)

Greetings,

Den Door.

Bolampau

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Hi Den,
Excellent photo! And that looks some fine piece of kit you used.

Only suggestion I'd make is that I'd centre the moon or use the rule of thirds.......only my view though!
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Paul

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
Hi Den,
Excellent photo! And that looks some fine piece of kit you used.

Only suggestion I'd make is that I'd centre the moon or use the rule of thirds.......only my view though!
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Paul
Moon crops are tough. To me, it looks like the twilight zone is just about on the right third, so I don't have a problem with it, composition wise. But the absolute black negative space is certainly distracting. I'd almost prefer to see it cropped as a square, with the only negative space being where the moon would be if it were a full moon. (Plus of course, a small border the same size on all sides). As it is, we get to see how much of the sensor was used, which is pretty damn good.

But that is indeed awesome detail! Can't come close to that with the 55-210! :(

I've always wondered what those cheap telescope type lenses would do, but I bet they don't look as good as this.

Top Bottom