A photo project of sorts

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by AlwaysOnAuto, Feb 2, 2018.

1. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 17, 2015
    I have a project coming up and it's going to start this morning.
    I'm going to be photographing a friend's car for an ad he wants to post to sell it.
    This morning I'm going to shoot the trunk area as he's got it cleaned out and I need to photo it before he puts stuff back in it.
    I've gathered the following stuff to take with me:
    Cameras - A7ii, Nex-7 [might even take the ol' standby D7000 since the lenses will fit]
    Lenses - 24, 35, 55
    cleaning kit
    polarizing filter
    Tripod
    Big spot light and stand with diffuser (the light I've used to photo my wife's quilts with)
    Remote release

I've never really set out to do a 'shoot' of this sort before. We'll be working in his garage, hence the big light/diffuser.
    Anything I've forgotten that you can think of that you think I might need?

2. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    Batteries, lots of extra batteries.
    I cleared/formatted my cards too (and checked to make sure they record properly) so I shouldn't run out of 'film' either.

3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Beer! :drinks:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    Sorry David, I learned early on that I'm a cheap drunk so no beer for me. I do eat pizza though.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    I'm happy to report that the shoot went well. The only thing I wish I had taken with me is my little tripod. It would have come in handy for setting the camera on a fender for across the fender shots. As it turned out though I think we got all the shots we needed.

6. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    What's that expression? Photos or it didn't happen? :D

Just kidding of course. I'm guessing this isn't a {insert boring car here} since he is going to the trouble of a photo shoot to sell it. So I am curious.

7. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    I'm doing the photo shoot just to help him out. Most of these types of cars have nice layouts in their ads and we're (I'm) looking to out do them, if I can. It's just an old German car of which they only made 375 or so of, so nothing that would interest anyone here I'm sure.

8. sam

sam TalkEmount Regular

Nov 23, 2015
    Ontario
    sam_men
    I may not purchase the car, but would love to see the photos you made of a rare beast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    Once we get all the photos taken and submitted for the auction ad, I'll see about posting some here Sam.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    Well my friend has decided he doesn't want to sell his car now so I asked and received permission to show you some of the pics I took. Fronthoodunderside (Custom).
    FuseBlockFinal (Custom).
    JackHoldershot (Custom).
    Passsidefender (Custom)fixed.
    The conditions were a little cramped because we were in his garage. The main source of light was the big light I've been using on my wife's quilts with the diffuser installed.
    The car is a 1975 Porsche Carrera, and is Grand Prix White in color. My old Nikkor 35mm managed to tint the pics a little bit even with the bright light.
    These shots are all crops of areas most Porsche buyers are worried about re:Rust.
    Comments on the shots, ways to improve them, would be most appreciated.

• Like Like x 4
  11. sam

sam TalkEmount Regular

Nov 23, 2015
    Ontario
    sam_men
    An old German car!!!!
    It's a Porsche!!!! And my favourite year as well.
    Great photos, hope you have more, the car looks great from the inside.
    Anything from the outside of the car, the body must be in great condition if the inside looks this good.
    Well babied by the looks of it.
    If I could own it, I wouldn't sell it either.
    Some friends of mine drive Porsche and maintain them mostly themselves, and they would never part with such great engineering.
    Hope to see more of the. Photos you took. The colour doesn't look bad, that some minor correction wouldnt bring the car to life.

Thanks for the photos, good lighting for a tight space.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    This car is a looker.

DSC00675 (Medium).JPG

• Like Like x 4