A pair of non's, Makinon and Yashinon

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by f/otographer, Jan 22, 2014.

1. f/otographer

f/otographer TalkEmount Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    Just a few more adapted lens shots. The first two are from what I refer to as my 'Doomsday Telescope'. Its a Makinon 500/8 catadioptric mirror lens in Nikon mount, so no mounting it up on the speedbooster. Which means its 750mm on the NEX....as I said, Doomsday Telescope. I looked thru it once and swear I saw the future...

Oh and they are both handheld. Thats right, 750mm handheld. But honestly for the types of shots Im doing, especially the first, uber sharpness is not a priority. If it was I wouldnt be using a mirror lens for gods sake. So anyway handheld works, but I do need caffeine to steady my hands.

The other shots are more examples of my little Auto Yash 5cm f/2. I finally got out and gave it a real workout. Into the sun it flared more then I was hoping, but a lens from its era didnt have the best coatings available. But otherwise for a lens somewhere around 45 years old it performs admirably enough. Exhibits quite a bit of swirly bokeh, which you can see in 'winter of my childhood'.

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

a dry season and memories fade

dont go back to Rockville

in the dream I was a spider.....and I lived on a sink in the field

pull you down a star

winter of my childhood

minolta monitor (shameless plug, lens is for sale) :)

thru the looking glass
    • Like Like x 3
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Again some excellent shots with a very artistic feel !!!
    For me #3 (spider) and #4 (sun) are my favorites :thumbup:
  3. f/otographer

f/otographer TalkEmount Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    Thanks Nick. Photography is the only way I have ever found to express my artistic side. Glad you liked the shots, Im fond of spider as well. I found that old sink out in a wooded area at the bottom of what had been a small body of water. Our recent drought dried up the water and exposed it.