• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

A MagicBand Story

fractal

Super Moderator
Real Name
Chris
My son and I started a YouTube channel based on Disney World and photography tips while visiting there. We just returned and he's been busy editing and putting together a number of short videos. This (and the other videos) were all shot on the NEX-7 with the SEL 10-18 f/4.

Hawkman

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
That's great! The editing on that was very good! And I see you already have a bunch of videos up on the Fractal Channel... great way to start - with a bunch of content. I'm... inspired.

fractal

Super Moderator
Real Name
Chris
another video from our Walt Disney World trip. I filmed this on the A7rii. We were on the safari during a rain storm which prompted the elephants to head into the water and play.

There's a baby elephant in there you can see "swimming" under the water with it's truck above the water. I thought it was pretty cool.

fractal

Super Moderator
Real Name
Chris
I have to share this. After the safari it was still pouring. I'm talking torrential downpour. My son and I had to run about 100 yards to get into a gift shop for cover. I had my A7rii in a camera bag protected but he had my NEX-7 in his hand. It got soaked with the 10-18 lens on it. I was expecting it to be dead.

To my pleasant surprise the camera showed no ill effects. My NEX-7, especially recently, has been rather abused. It's been on the beach several times, in rain (including this downpour), dropped, and bumped more times than I'd like to recall. She still works like a charm. A bit slower here and there but I'm pushing 200,000 photos on it. Maybe it's the magnesium body but I've been very impressed with its durability.

WestOkid

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Gary
My son and I started a YouTube channel based on Disney World and photography tips while visiting there. We just returned and he's been busy editing and putting together a number of short videos. This (and the other videos) were all shot on the NEX-7 with the SEL 10-18 f/4.

Very cool Chris. Nice job with the editing

Latest threads

Top Bottom