A little frustration

Discussion in 'Nature' started by roundball, May 28, 2014.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Concentrating so hard on trying to get excellent feather detail in focus, I allowed the tip of its tail to get clipped...

• Like Like x 6
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    It's a great shot regardless ;)

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Agreed

4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I get the feeling. It doesn't matter how many times others say it's a great picture, you yourself can never look at it without seeing a clipped tail.

• Like Like x 1
  5. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    LOL...
    Yes, been working really hard learning to use this NEX-7 with Canon FD lenses...trying to get my photo quality levels bumped up higher...and when I looked at this photo, I had the simultaneous emotion of " all right, got it ! "...and..."dang it all !"

Oh well, if it was easy there would be no challenge / satisfaction...just had a 'Hairy Woodpecker' visit for the first time this morning so hopefully he'll hang around now and I'll see if I can bag him in the next few days

6. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    That's pretty easy to fix with an image editor. Since the background is black, and you have one complete tail feather, just extend the black background out to the right a little, clone the existing tail tip, and fashion some "prosthetic" tail feathers for the missing bits. VoilĂ ! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    "prosthetic" tail feathers"....now that gave me a good chuckle.