1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

A hoi hoi!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Hypocaffeinic, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Hypocaffeinic

Hypocaffeinic TalkEmount Regular

Jun 16, 2013
    Qld, Australia
    Hi all, just joined here as half an hour ago I clicked the button on a beautiful Nex 7! I'm downsizing from a Nikon D7000 - I love it, but it's too darn big I just don't take it out with me unless I'm specifically on a photography mission. With the much smaller NEX I hope to gain spontaneity from having a high quality camera I can slip into a pocket or my bag.

I wanted to join a forum to learn from others more expert in these cameras than I. Switching out from Nikon after three of their cameras is going to be a shock to the system, but I'm very excited to learn about this new, smaller breed of camera. In a month I'm going to New York for the first time, and am purchasing the camera and lenses now so that I can get used to them and get my Nikon gear sold before I head over there.

When not peering through the viewfinder I'm running marathons, reading science books, or lecturing in Paramedic Science at university. Or drinking beer. Looking forward to meeting you all!

2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Congrats on the purchase, hope you'll love it. And welcome of course! If you have any older Nikon glass with an aperture ring, be sure to try that on your NEX-7 with an Nikon F -> NEX adapter (few tens of dollars) before you consider to sell it.

3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Hey! I drink beer too! :drinks:

Welcome to the forum!

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Welcome. You will find many of us love the NEX for the same reason. It is compact and very portable.

5. Hypocaffeinic

Hypocaffeinic TalkEmount Regular

Jun 16, 2013
    Qld, Australia
    Thank you all! My sexy NEXy has now arrived, but all I can do is gaze upon its glory until my first lens arrives. Am enormously looking forward to my first few shots!

6. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    Congratulations, and be careful of the MF which is addictive, welcome and enjoy