1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A good deal??

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by teefin1, Nov 3, 2012.

1. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Arrgh! I've seen a Nex 7 advertised with kit lens for £629. Is this a good deal? Should I get it? Will have to pull the trigger super quick, will be gone today!

2. CWL

CWL TalkEmount Regular

Jun 16, 2012
    Cumbria UK
    Chee
    That's a fantastic deal, no brainier in my opinion. Sony centre selling At £1000 which includes £100 cash back. Jessops cash back deal is £739. Both deals are body only! Where is the camera coming from?

3. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    It would be a great price here in China but I don't know about the UK.

I think that you would be able to find used NEX-7s for good deals soon but The NEX-7 is not being replaced yet, so I wouldn't think it will drop a lot more.

4. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    Jessops, CWL! I bought my 5n in the latest offers section a couple of months ago after the price dropped £100 overnight. I do check the site everyday, as they had an A57 i was interested in and was waiting for the price to fall a tad more, but this morning when I checked the Nex7 had dropped from £742 to £629....so for once i didnt dither and i've snapped it up. Be aware that these products are advertised as ex demo/used, but my 5n was in mint condition and i rang to confirm the condition of the Nex 7 and the fela said its only the exterior box that is damaged. So im hoping its a goodun :cool:

5. CWL

CWL TalkEmount Regular

Jun 16, 2012
    Cumbria UK
    Chee
    Ah, but your getting a fantastic camera for half price! Are they offering it with a full manufactures warranty? I've had a Nex3 and C3 in for repairs due to faulty LCD screen both within 6 months of purchase, just something you need to consider.

I've been looking at the 6 and 7 and can't decide which one to get.

6. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    Jessops clearance stock comes with 12 month warranty and 14 day return option. I couldn't decide which I'd prefer, and wasn't actually looking for one now, but the decision was made for me. It is hard to decide between the two.

7. CWL

CWL TalkEmount Regular

Jun 16, 2012
    Cumbria UK
    Chee
    That's a good deal.

Going to give it a few months before decide which one to get, by then there will be plenty of reviews. Seen the Nex6 in the Sony centre, it's a very nice camera, love the top dial. Wasn't to sure about the wifi at first but having seen it, there is so much you can do with it.

8. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    I understand the hesitancy. For me, the 7 will really have to do something for me over the 5n, which I'm really happy with generally. If not, then I won't keep it, but figured at this price point I should check it out.

9. Selten

Selten TalkEmount Regular

Oct 22, 2012
    Rhineland, Germany
    Lusi
    Definitely - give it a try :) It is an awesome deal, would be a shame to miss such a chance! Looking forward to what you think of the 7 then!