1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A few transportation pics

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TonyTurley, May 1, 2013.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Sometimes my job leads to some interesting photo opportunities. In order below, you see an A319 preparing to taxi, a CRJ2 on the ramp, and the same A319 taking off. Note the moisture trail as it lifts from the runway. I like the A319 sharp with the blurred background. First shot was with a Vivitar 28/2.8 Close Focus, and the other 3 were with a Vivitar 50/1.8.

Tony

Attached Files:

2. claude

claude TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 13, 2013
    Ottawa Canada
    Those come out very nice Mr Vivitar. Ya the last 2 are great.

3. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks. I do like the Vivitars.

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Great shots, although the last one has a bit of line issue. Gonna assume it was a reflection.

5. Jazzer

Jazzer TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    New York
    Larry
    Yes, very nice. It's not easy shooting through glass.

6. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks again. The lines are reflections of the window blinds that were behind me. You can see more reflections in #2.

Tony

7. jarvan

jarvan TalkEmount Regular

Jan 27, 2013
    Czech
    Jaroslav
    Nice pictures :). But also dirt on chip. I had the same thing, always appears with a larger aperture (pic 1, 3, 4 top middle).

8. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Yeah, I saw those. :mad: I've been swapping lenses a lot as I try different focal lengths. I did have the aperture closed all the way because it was a bright, sunny morning. Time for a good cleaning.

Tony

9. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Closing the aperture beyond ~f/11 on your camera will start to degrade the image via lens diffraction, in addition to highlighting off all the lovely dust spots on your sensor. It may not be obvious unless you pixel peep or make large print. But you're usually better off keeping the aperture setting away from "closed all the way down." Each lens has its own "sweet spot," and on most of the modern lenses available for the NEX it usually falls somewhere between f/4 and f/8. About the only time I close the aperture down to max is when I'm trying to introduce motion blur into my photos (and I've forgotten to bring along a neutral density filter :rolleyes:).