1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

A few pictures while fishing in SF

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by MySonyNex-5R, Feb 27, 2013.

1. MySonyNex-5R

MySonyNex-5R TalkEmount Regular

Feb 20, 2013
    Morgan Hill, California
    PhatMR
    Spent the day at Fort Baker in SF. New to Photography. SonyNEX-5R image. This Place seems popular to Professional Photographers so I decided to capture them while they work. image. Fort Baker Jetty. image. Caught some Rainbow Perch image. Golden Gate Bridge at Dusk

2. Hawon

Hawon TalkEmount Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Hawon
    I like the second picture!

Sent from my Nexus 7

3. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    New to photography ??
    That's unfair, I'll never get that good within the 20 coming years...
    They're beautiful, keep them coming รจ

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    For real??? :D

I agree, all look amazing :thumbup:

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Some great shots!

6. claude

claude TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 13, 2013
    Ottawa Canada
    You're a veteran now. Nice pics.

7. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Beautiful work.

8. MySonyNex-5R

Feb 20, 2013
    Morgan Hill, California
    PhatMR
    Thank You for the kind words, I got my Sony NEX-5r 3 weeks ago and I have been on forums and You Tube watching videos for endless hours trying to suck up as much information about photography as I can. Any advice on what my next lens should be?

9. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France

10. MySonyNex-5R

Feb 20, 2013
    Morgan Hill, California
    PhatMR
    I am gonna have to Wikipedia everything you just said, because I don't understand 90% of photography language yet. Lol 35mm-50mm lens got it, will start looking into it now. I was thinking the Sony E 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 OSS (SEL-55210 or Sigma 60mm F2.8 for mirrorless?

11. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Lol. Sorry about that, your pictures are so good I really thought you had all that covered already.
    The 55-210 is the natural complement to your 18-55. The 18-55 covers the "standard" zoom range, the 55-210 covers the "telephoto" (tele for short) zoom range.
    What I was advising was a "prime" lens, meaning fixed focal length, like the 30/3.5 that's in your signature. A prime is often optically better than a zoom (because it's easier to manufacture to higher standard for only one focal length, rather than having to make optical compromises to build a zoom), and has great teaching values because it forces a user to use their brains and feet, rather than just turning a zoom ring.