1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A Few Pictures of My Trip to China

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by metalmania, Jun 5, 2016.

1. metalmania

metalmania TalkEmount Regular

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Last month I was on vacation to China. I had my A7RII and A7II with me all the time, along with Sigma 35/1.4, FE 55/1.8, Canon 135L and OM 21/3.5. The adapters are Metabones IV T and Sigma MC-11. It was always raining in the city of Hangzhou. Beijing was better with sunshine.

rNinKSD.

3WZNQbq.

zgrvmjy.

LCRA32T.

5aVJ8Jh.

eX0RXRC.

MQuTUjT.

BgNBDrz.

OXDb8mv.

esvyzWt.

Kzpa1KI.

cGLs2Ds.

tDzVz5C.

wkT0eI8.

Zg8sZof.

GDgdTVf.

GSuGRwP.

FsHhVy4.

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Some great travel photos here! I bet China is a fascinating place to photograph - #4 and #13 are my favorites along with #8 and #10 ;)

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    Nice travel photos! Do you find any performance difference between the Metabones and Sigma AF adapters?

4. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I think you managed to capture the place well, metal. It looks like the kind of place where no matter where you pointed the camera, something interesting would appear in the frame.

5. metalmania

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Thank you guys for the nice words.
    They are almost identical in performance. However Sigma 35/1.4 on MC-11 will behave like a native FE lens, the AF speed is slower than mounted on Metabones. Even with updated MC-11 firmware, the AF speed is still not as fast as the phase AF speed. So what I did is use Sigma 35 on Metabones, and 135L on MC-11, both are super fast using the phase AF.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    Canon users are lucky they have access to more AF adapters! I'm really enjoying the Commlite adapter for Nikon to Sony. Hopefully Sigma decides it's worth their time to make a Sony AF adapter for their Nikon mount lenses!

7. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Very nice trip shots :)

8. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Superb shots and subjects! The cameras and lenses managed to retain a lot of detail and color in the unfavorable light of the weather.

9. chalkdust

chalkdust TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2015
    Bert Cheney
    The company I work for is headquartered in Shanghai, so I have traveled there a few times. Once I took a day trip to Hangzhou. Thanks for taking me back! #13 looks like West Lake to me.

What advice do you have for using A7II on rainy days? Did you encounter any issues with the rain? (I am curious because I will be heading to Alaska soon...)

10. southy

southy TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Australia
    Nice set. #2 is my favourite. The last one with the statue dragging the bag reminds me of how I felt when I used to lug around a DSLR.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. metalmania

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    When it's raining hard, I'd just avoid using the camera. Under very light rain drops, I just did some quick snaps and kept the camera in the should bag most of the time. For your Alaska trip, I would imagine using a more reliable rain cover though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    A simple temporary fix is a zip lock bag with a hole cut out of the opposite side. Not a replacement for proper rain gear, but a quick fix.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. JMKPHOTO

JMKPHOTO New to TalkEmount

Dec 13, 2015
    Phoenix,AZ
    very nice travel pics

14. Mus Aziz

Mus Aziz TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2015
    Mus
    Wonderful pics :thumbup: