• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

A few from St Leonard's Church, Beaumont cum Moze

Petrochemist

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
Here's a few from a trip out over the weekend (the last in Infra-red):
ILCE-7M2    E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS    133mm    f/5.6    1/40s    ISO 160

ILCE-7M2    FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    70mm    f/5.6    1/3200s    ISO 640

ILCE-7M2    FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    41mm    f/4.5    1/3200s    ISO 640

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Would that be St. Mary's church then? The only man-made things we have on this side of the pond that old is archaeological sites, lol.

No, I am not that knowledgeable. When I saw Beaumont I thought of the city in Texas here in the US. I then realized this must be in the UK where you are and googled it.

Petrochemist

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would that be St. Mary's church then? The only man-made things we have on this side of the pond that old is archaeological sites, lol.

No, I am not that knowledgeable. When I saw Beaumont I thought of the city in Texas here in the US. I then realized this must be in the UK where you are and googled it.
IIRC the Parish Sign lists it as St Leonard & St Mary, but most other locations only list it as St Leonard.
The original church is from the 14th century but it was heavily restored in the 1850's (and the central heating chimney in the last shot is clearly newer still).

There seem to be quite a few Beaumonts around. Apparently my local 'beautiful hill in the marsh' was originally ' Fulanpettæ ' around 1000ad meaning 'Foul pit' but it was renamed before the church was built. I think I prefer the newer name! :)

Top Bottom