A F3 Review.

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by fotofun, Jun 1, 2012.

1. fotofun

fotofun New to TalkEmount

Feb 14, 2012
  2. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Thanks for the link :)

I've had another look at the review and if I read it right, their summation would make Sony's intended market for the F3 quite puzzling. They say the F3 is a step down from the NEX7 but they've concluded that the 5N is still better?
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Ya not sure what the intention of the F3 is or where it is supposed to fit into the lineup.

It has a couple of neat features, but nothing that could not have waited till the next generation.
  4. fotofun

fotofun New to TalkEmount

Feb 14, 2012
    Sony updates each product at least once a year. In this case, other than the flash and swivel LCD, I think the main reason was to bring it into line with the 5N and 7 on styling. The C3 is out of place in the product line up. For an example of Sony product updates for not much reason at all, look at their laptops. The difference between the Z11, Z12, Z13 and Z14 were minimal. Yet they released all 4 of those models within about 1 year and clearanced out the previous model for cheap. I'm hoping to pick up clearance C3 for a low low price because of this latest release. Some retailers have already put the C3 on clearance.
  5. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Problem is they only give the newest firmware update to the newest models. So maybe they should update the cameras only all 2 years? After all, camera sensor technology doesn't evolve that fast.