• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

A dumb question about alpha lenses and NEX

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
I'm wondring something here. HAs anybody integrated alpha, or Minolta, lenses, via the LAEA2 in their NEX system ?? Like, a 35 prime for instance, of fast zooms ? I wouldn't mind the bulk of the excellent 2.8 Sigma zooms in Sony mount for instance, for high quality telephoto solutions.. Am I mistaken thinking the adapter will allow AF on alpha, Minolta, and all alpha mount third party lenses ??
Has anyone tried this and can comment on AF speed ???

Thanks a lot, I think I might want to do that for a few focal lenses that are not available in NEX native optics yet.

Sorry I just found a webpage that answers the question in detail and apparently, it's a pretty lame solution.

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
cool

I'm wondring something here. HAs anybody integrated alpha, or Minolta, lenses, via the LAEA2 in their NEX system ?? Like, a 35 prime for instance, of fast zooms ? I wouldn't mind the bulk of the excellent 2.8 Sigma zooms in Sony mount for instance, for high quality telephoto solutions.. Am I mistaken thinking the adapter will allow AF on alpha, Minolta, and all alpha mount third party lenses ??
Has anyone tried this and can comment on AF speed ???

Thanks a lot, I think I might want to do that for a few focal lenses that are not available in NEX native optics yet.

Sorry I just found a webpage that answers the question in detail and apparently, it's a pretty lame solution.

Answering your own question is not fair.:rolleyes:

Ya only the Alpha lenses are usable with the LAEA2, but you loose a bit in the translation.

Any other lens is attached via various adapters and allows manual focus only.

Latest posts

Top Bottom