1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

A day trip to the North of Tasmania

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by jeffmurray, Jul 9, 2015.

1. jeffmurray

jeffmurray TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 18, 2014
    Hobart, Australia
    Jeff
    Hi all, wintry conditions in Tasmania this week - with more to come over the weekend. The weather provided for some spectacular skies.

Guide Falls is a short drive from the town on Burnie near Ridley. We have a University Campus in Burnie so I took a short detour at sunrise on my way home to capture the majesty of this Narnia like location.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DSC01810-L.

[​IMG]

Here's a couple more from my usual Saturday trip out today. I am on leave for a week so hoping to do heaps of photography - its what I do :) .

These were taken a part of Hobart called Cornelian Bay.

The top one is processed with alpha channel blending (a new technique I am hoping to master) - aiming to gain a more natural look. The bottom one is HDR - pulled back in saturation, clarity and vibrance to also try and keep a straight out of the camera look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Woof! #3! :2thumbs:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yeah, #3 is excellent but that color waterfall shot is also a great one :thumbsup:
    Nice work Jeff ;)

4. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    I'm partial to #1. Great shots!

5. jeffmurray

jeffmurray TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 18, 2014
    Hobart, Australia
    Jeff