• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

A Christmas Carol

SRHEdD

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Local production in Melbourne, Florida. We were in row N, toward the middle. I have to say, this is pretty amazing. NEX-7, 16-50PZ, set to P, center-weighted metering, Auto ISO.

---            

SRHEdD

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Two more...

---            

---            

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Excellent shots! I've seen so many great stage production photos taken with the NEX. They're just made for each other! :)

SRHEdD

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Actually the NEX-6 came first. In hunting for a second body, about $200 more got me a mint NEX-7 over a NEX-5R new.

The problem is they are distinctly different cameras in operation. I can relate to the NEX-7 better. I don't know why, but it seems more traditional in operation. The NEX-6 is more FUN because of the gadgets built-in, but the 7 is a more pure photographic tool. I'd love a NEX-7 with a more accessible mode dial like the 6. I go through PSAM constantly to fit the photo op.

Oddly, the 16-50 handles better on the 7, though it takes forever to power down and retract on the 7. I'd planned on taking the 50mm 1.8OSS, but it didn't fit in the snout of my infamous $16 leather never-ready case.

Real Name
Colin
That's interesting. I find function button on the NEX-7 gives me enough access to the functions I change most often that I don't bother to set custom settings for the click wheel. So I use the click wheel button to access PSAM and find it pretty quick that way.

SRHEdD

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
That's interesting. I find function button on the NEX-7 gives me enough access to the functions I change most often that I don't bother to set custom settings for the click wheel. So I use the click wheel button to access PSAM and find it pretty quick that way.
I bought mine second hand. Since I'm home for a few days, I may reset to factory defaults and start over.

SRHEdD

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Thanks! I was very pleased. I checked the screen during the intermission and couldn't believe it. Got home late last night and HAD to go into PS for a closer look. These are cropped a bit as well!

Oh, and my wife tells me it is a troupe from Nebraska, not a local production.

Top Bottom