1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

A Christmas Carol

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by SRHEdD, Dec 22, 2012.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    Local production in Melbourne, Florida. We were in row N, toward the middle. I have to say, this is pretty amazing. NEX-7, 16-50PZ, set to P, center-weighted metering, Auto ISO.

scrooge1.

2. SRHEdD

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    Two more...

scrooge2.

scrooge3.

3. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Excellent shots! I've seen so many great stage production photos taken with the NEX. They're just made for each other! :)

4. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Wow, those are great.

I've been wondering about that 16-50PZ on the NEX-7. You find any issues using it?

5. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Great! I see you added a Nex 6 :)

6. SRHEdD

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    Actually the NEX-6 came first. In hunting for a second body, about $200 more got me a mint NEX-7 over a NEX-5R new.

The problem is they are distinctly different cameras in operation. I can relate to the NEX-7 better. I don't know why, but it seems more traditional in operation. The NEX-6 is more FUN because of the gadgets built-in, but the 7 is a more pure photographic tool. I'd love a NEX-7 with a more accessible mode dial like the 6. I go through PSAM constantly to fit the photo op.

Oddly, the 16-50 handles better on the 7, though it takes forever to power down and retract on the 7. I'd planned on taking the 50mm 1.8OSS, but it didn't fit in the snout of my infamous $16 leather never-ready case.

7. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    That's interesting. I find function button on the NEX-7 gives me enough access to the functions I change most often that I don't bother to set custom settings for the click wheel. So I use the click wheel button to access PSAM and find it pretty quick that way.

8. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Nice work, looks like you got some nice shots.

9. SRHEdD

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    I bought mine second hand. Since I'm home for a few days, I may reset to factory defaults and start over.

10. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Nice shots Steve. The pic clarity is pretty impressive for the scene.

11. SRHEdD

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    Thanks! I was very pleased. I checked the screen during the intermission and couldn't believe it. Got home late last night and HAD to go into PS for a closer look. These are cropped a bit as well!

Oh, and my wife tells me it is a troupe from Nebraska, not a local production.