1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

"A Christmas Carol" with A7ii and SEL5018. ISO1250 and ISO800.

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by SRHEdD, Dec 20, 2014.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    Took our boys to see the play, great chance to try out the low-light capabilities of my new A7ii with an APS-C SEL5018. I'm happy with the results. Could have come down to ISO400, but wanted to stop any motion of the actors. Didn't get to take advantage of the full sensor, but kinda liked shooting in this "worst case scenario" and still getting good results. These were saved at 95dpi for web. Could post links to originals if anyone wanted to pixel peep.

song1.

[​IMG]

scrooge14.

finalscene.

• Like Like x 5
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Stage shooting is tough under prime conditions.

You got some nice ones.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SRHEdD

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    I can also add that I originally had the color set to NEUTRAL, but switched over to VIVID early on. You can see that from the first shot to the second. In the last, I think VIVID was overkill, the stage lighting was colorful enough. Adding that choice to C2...

4. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Nice shots. This combo seems to work really well. Might be decent for indoor basketball games too

5. SRHEdD

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    Hmmmm..don't know. I'd have to say the A6000 has faster AF, and I think my A77ii is faster as well. Full on sports? I'll reserve judgement on that one, especially in less than perfect lighting.