7Artisans 75mm 1.4 M-Mount lens announced!

JonathanF2

TalkEmount All-Pro
New lens: 7artisans 75mm f/1.25 lens for Leica M-mount - Leica Rumors

7Artisans will also do an FE-Plus version similar to their 28mm 1.4 M-mount lens that should be better optimized for adapting to mirrorless bodies with thicker sensor stacks! It will also have a clicked aperture ring, I prefer clicked aperture rings for still photography and it's something I didn't like too much on their click-less 50mm 1.1. Also I just received my 7Artisans 35mm f/2 M-mount and I'm loving the lenses these guys are doing!

7Artisans is starting to become my favorite MF lens maker!

Christop82

TalkEmount Regular
I'll definitely check this one out. The 35mm f1.2 is my favorite fuji lens.

serhan

TalkEmount All-Pro
Interesting lens, suddenly multiple m mount lenses to cover 75mm:) Leica & Ms Optics have one, Voigtlander is issuing 75mm 1.5 also. From my experience, the lighter the lens, better af with Sony techart af adapter. After seeing the spec, it is heavier than new Samyang 85mm 1.4 FE af lens.

I saw that the price might be similar to 28mm 1.4. Here is an interview with one of the 7 owners:
The Man behind the Lens: Li Qing (7artisans 28mm 1.4 FE+) - phillipreeve.net

Last edited:

JonathanF2

TalkEmount All-Pro
Interesting lens, suddenly multiple m mount lenses to cover 75mm:) Leica & Ms Optics have one, Voigtlander is issuing 75mm 1.5 also. From my experience, the lighter the lens, better af with Sony techart af adapter. After seeing the spec, it is heavier than new Samyang 85mm 1.4 FE af lens.

I saw that the price might be similar to 28mm 1.4. Here is an interview with one of the 7 owners:
The Man behind the Lens: Li Qing (7artisans 28mm 1.4 FE+) - phillipreeve.net
I like how they came up with their name. It was just a bunch of enthusiasts from different backgrounds/skillsets who met up one day and decided to make lenses they'd like to shoot with. Eventually after all the hard work only seven members were left, hence the "7 Artisans" name! I totally dig it!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom