1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

7Artisans 75mm 1.4 M-Mount lens announced!

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by JonathanF2, Apr 15, 2019.

1. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    New lens: 7artisans 75mm f/1.25 lens for Leica M-mount - Leica Rumors

7Artisans will also do an FE-Plus version similar to their 28mm 1.4 M-mount lens that should be better optimized for adapting to mirrorless bodies with thicker sensor stacks! It will also have a clicked aperture ring, I prefer clicked aperture rings for still photography and it's something I didn't like too much on their click-less 50mm 1.1. Also I just received my 7Artisans 35mm f/2 M-mount and I'm loving the lenses these guys are doing!

7Artisans is starting to become my favorite MF lens maker!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Christop82

Christop82 TalkEmount Regular

Aug 24, 2017
    I'll definitely check this one out. The 35mm f1.2 is my favorite fuji lens.

3. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    Interesting lens, suddenly multiple m mount lenses to cover 75mm:)  Leica & Ms Optics have one, Voigtlander is issuing 75mm 1.5 also. From my experience, the lighter the lens, better af with Sony techart af adapter. After seeing the spec, it is heavier than new Samyang 85mm 1.4 FE af lens.

I saw that the price might be similar to 28mm 1.4. Here is an interview with one of the 7 owners:
    The Man behind the Lens: Li Qing (7artisans 28mm 1.4 FE+) - phillipreeve.net

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  4. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    I like how they came up with their name. It was just a bunch of enthusiasts from different backgrounds/skillsets who met up one day and decided to make lenses they'd like to shoot with. Eventually after all the hard work only seven members were left, hence the "7 Artisans" name! I totally dig it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.