1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

60p to 24p ultra smooth slow-mo

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by hmatick, Nov 14, 2012.

1. hmatick

hmatick TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 30, 2012
    I've been following my little brother around for the past year. He's been djing and getting gigs everywhere. I thought I would make a full length documentary featuring his music and all the shenanigans that occurred in the past year. Here's a one min preview of what's to come.
    the first part was recorded with a 5n and 35mm cctv lens. the second part was recorded with the kit lens in 60p and converted to 24p to give it that ultra smooth slow-mo look.
    watch in hd.

[video=youtube_share;6yShH-dW3cY]http://youtu.be/6yShH-dW3cY?hd=1[/video]

John

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Not bad for a first attempt. Looks like he is having fun and getting his name out there.

A couple of critiques though.

1- It seems like the auto focus is not keeping up. Half of the conversation with the older black man is completely out of focus.

2- The dots you added are a bit distracting. I thought it was an auto focus spot at first.

Keep at it, and keep supporting your brother!

3. hmatick

hmatick TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 30, 2012
    Thanks for the critique davect01. Yeah the first shot was taken with a manual focus cctv 35mm 1.7 lens. It's really hard to keep it stable and focus while taking video. That's the down side with all the manual focus lens while taking video..

I made this edit really quick and I asked my little brother if the flashing lights in the background were distracting.. and he said he like it so I kept it..

But yeah I have nothing but good things to say about this camera. I've taken 2 classes in black and white photography in the past and never really continued to take pictures after that. Once I bought the nex its opened up alot of opportunities for me. I've always liked taking pictures but since the nex system made it easy to take video, I decided to dip my fingers in that too. I bought adobe cs5 and taught myself how to use premiere pro through youtube tutorials. The nex is a great device to learn off of.. Very impressed with it's capabilities

What's great about my family is my older brother has a master in graphic design, my younger brother makes the music, and I take photos/videos for him.
    I've met some of the most creative/amazing people in the past year.

Keep it up yourself Dave! Your pictures look great!

- John