5N: Damaged USB port?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by BigMike, Aug 28, 2012.

1. BigMike

BigMike TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 28, 2012
    Hi all,

New to this forum, I recently purchased a NEX 5N online. I've had it for a few days and am really enjoying it coming from a m43 background.

Anyway, I noticed yesterday that the mini USB port on the camera looked kinda weird, it seemed to be slightly angled/bent to one side ( the screen side). Usually based on my past electronic equiment, the USB port is always perfectly perpendicular. Anyway, I'm 100% positive I didn't accidentally bend it through connect/disconnect the cable as I'm very carefull when it comes to such things. The USB port still works fine and doesn't appear to be loose in anyway.

Since I bought it online, no shops sell this camera where I live for me to check out whether this is just how it is designed or whether I've got a dud/bad copy.

I've attached some photos of the port in question, appreciate if people could give me some feedback as to whether it looks normal or confirm if it is in fact manufactured defective copy.

Appreciate everyone's input.

Attached Files:

2. korn_2956

korn_2956 TalkEmount Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    Just checked mine and it looks exactly the same as yours.
  3. BigMike

Aug 28, 2012
    Thanks for the input korn, good to know, will save me the hassle of sending it back to them for assessment...Cheers.
  4. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand

Welcome Mike! :)
  5. BigMike

Aug 28, 2012
    Thanks Dioptrick!