55-210 for $189

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by jeffryscott, Jul 20, 2014.

1. jeffryscott

jeffryscott TalkEmount Regular

Jul 7, 2014
    Beach Camera, via Amazon and eBay, and BuyDig have the 55-210 refurbished for 189 with free shipping.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. MingTyhMaa

MingTyhMaa New to TalkEmount

May 21, 2014
    Lafayette, CA
    Thanks! I jumped on that, great price.
  3. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    Anyone had any experience with Sony refurbs ?

I know Canon refurbs were very good and sometimes even better than new (more attention paid to calibration as it was done by a technician not an assembly line worker).

But every company is different.
  4. jeffryscott

jeffryscott TalkEmount Regular

Jul 7, 2014
    Got the lens today and it looks brand new. No refurb sign on box or on lens.
  5. Schusskabob

Schusskabob TalkEmount Regular

May 14, 2014
    Colorado, USA
    I recently bought one of those from Buydig, too, and have not been disappointed in the least. Can't tell from brand new and love the way it performs.
  6. shnitz

shnitz TalkEmount Regular

Jun 15, 2014
    Picked one up too! I borrowed one from a friend for a week and I really like this lens. Even if I were to drop the money to invest in the 70-200mm f/4, this lens is so compact!

I have actually been browsing Craigslist, and this is more than used copies are selling for, and that's even in the rare case that a seller is willing to split the 55-210mm away from the core body and kit midrange zoom.
    Edit: Plus, these sellers often have the silver version, which I was on the verge of settling for. Black is going to call less attention, I feel.
  7. shnitz

shnitz TalkEmount Regular

Jun 15, 2014
    Just an update:
    I've bought Canon refurbished SLRs and gear, I've bought Nikon refurbished lenses and flashes, and now I've bought Sony refurbs. Nikon lenses come with a bag and caps, Canon come in a nondescript cardboard box, but this Sony 55-210mm from Buydig is NEW. It comes in the retail box, retail wrapped, with all of the paperwork. They didn't even bother to open the box to take out the 1-year warranty slip!
  8. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    I bought a 50mm f1.8 OSS Silver factory refurb straight from Sony. 1-year factory warranty included. It seems to work fine, the photos are sharp.
    I do hear a faint sound when aperture adjusts. Not sure if that's normal on this lens.