50mm f1.8 FE Tight Lens Mount

tjdean01

TalkEmount Regular
I got the 50/1.8 for the A7. I compared it to the Canon FDn 50mm f1.4 at f1.8 and the newer lens does produce better results.

However, a couple things. Does your FE 50/1.8 screw really tightly onto the A7ii lens mount? As it twists on it doesn't feel smooth either (it feels smooth when it twists off, however). Also, the autofocus really plastic-sounding and loud.

Are these two things normal? I'm already sending it back as to not damage my camera. Not sure if the next one will have the same issue. On Micro Four Thirds I think I bought 2 or 3 Panasonic 20mm f1.7 lenses and all were too tight. Finally I got one from another time period that fit better.

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
They redesigned the lens mount starting with the Mark II cameras to make the lens mount more secure. Sounds like what you’re experiencing is perfectly normal to me, including the focus noise.

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
There's a HUGE difference in how the lens mount feels between the 1st gen A7 and A7ii/iii

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom